Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help fixing my 360. SOMEONE PLEASE!
Right I've posted this on two different forums now and have had no reply -.- so I'm just wondering if someone from here would be able to help?

My Xbox 360 console doesn't read discs. I'm attempting to fix this myself. fudge paying Microsoft the £70 they would charge.

What I need to know is, if I buy a DVD drive of the exact same model number, will it work if I simply plug it in and play? Here's the specs of the drive I have:

Make: Philips: LiteOn
Model: DG-16D2S
FW Ver: 74850C
HW Ver: A0A1

If I get one of the exact same model number, will it work without having to transfer keys or whatever? I'm thinking of getting this DVD drive and will buy it right away if someone tells me that it will definitely work.

Please answer someone Big Grin
[Image: GamersTalk.com-468x60.gif]

Come and join GamersTalk now! We have a great online forum community and would love to see some new faces. Contest coming within the next few day. Join now!
It is most likely the little laser inside, if you have a tiny cloth and can reach it, gently wipe over the lens.
Then try.
[Image: 66202824.jpg]
(06-18-2010, 03:57 AM)Charlie Wrote: It is most likely the little laser inside, if you have a tiny cloth and can reach it, gently wipe over the lens.
Then try.

I've already done this many times and it didn't fix the problem. I've come to realise the fact that I need a new drive, would you be able to answer my original question please if you know whether it will work or not? Big Grin

Come and join GamersTalk now! We have a great online forum community and would love to see some new faces. Contest coming within the next few day. Join now!
Well it is siple get a new Xbox.
(06-18-2010, 04:09 AM)Zerk.Gamer Wrote: Well it is siple get a new Xbox.

I don't want and can't afford a new Xbox, all I want is someone to simply answer my question.

Just buy the new DVD drive, it is plug and play, the key vault is not stored on the DVD drive.
[Image: 66202824.jpg]
Buy a new DVD/CD drive. Should work.
You can just buy a new DVD drive, but you may need to edit somethin on it...shouldn't be too hard though, but I've never tried before. Flashing was simple enough, so I image this wouldn't be too different if need be.
Hmmm well i have some Xbox's which can not read disc's, Can you tell me what happens when you put in a disc. Does it say open tray or does it say the read disc error were a window pops up. If its the open tray error its easy to fix.
What you can do is open up your xbox and clean the laser and also get all the dust out of the xbox. Also move the laser back all the way to the bit were the disc sits on. This is what i did for 2 xboxs and it worked.
Hope that helps.
Yeah I think I'm just gonna get the DVD drive, thanks for the help guys.

@VanquishUK, most of the time all it says is "Open tray" but if I sit there for a while constantly ejecting and inserting the disc, it eventually works. I've just cleaned the laser after reading your comment and there is no dust in there at all. Sadly it still hasn't fixed the problem. Thank you very much for taking your time to try and assist me in the matter.

Kind regards,
Beano.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just Bought An Xbox 360 JTAG BreShiE 19 6,201 04-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Evaluation
  My new Xbox 360 theme VeNoMz 19 3,605 10-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Last Post: пinja
  Xbox 360 Slim VeNoMz 45 8,239 08-19-2011, 11:18 PM
Last Post: Wheelz
  [360] NBA 2k11 EaGLeZ 10 1,033 06-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Livewire
  Persuade Me To Buy An Xbox 360 Fragma 22 3,006 04-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Kitten