Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reverse engineering..
Guys..just had skool today..and had a chat with our computer teacher...and so this is what she told us...
only 2 students are supposed to work on one project..and she told it must me something related to information blah blah blah..but since i was too much interestd in RE...i told her some parts of what i was able to get from google regarding SOFTWARE REVERSE ENGINEERING...
Quote:Software reverse engineering is done to retrieve the source code of a program because the source code was lost, to study how the program performs certain operations, to improve the performance of a program, to fix a bug (correct an error in the program when the source code is not available), to identify malicious content in a program such as a virus or to adapt a program written for use with one microprocessor for use with another. Reverse engineering for the purpose of copying or duplicating programs may constitute a copyright violation. In some cases, the licensed use of software specifically prohibits reverse engineering.
this is what we told her..its from google.
and then she was like ok...but she also told us that it is a science expo..so basically ..u need to make something..she told us to use that on any software...
hope u guys got my point..
really looking forward for some serious help...
if u help me really well..maybe i could get to popularize this method..and if its real good..maybe...get to represent my skool...
Oui

PS:not sure whether this is the right section for this request..
if not mods can certainly remove it.
[Image: 52I4m.png]
If you would like to learn about reverse engineering I would personally recommend going to Hackforums.net . They have a dedicated section to it and you would be better suited going there for that type of help.
Hostility in teaching something to users who no nothing about a topic on hackforums is what made me come here....
guys if u know anyone other than Gosu...who can help me out..pls pm me...i need some serious support soon...
Reverse Engineering on any programs that you have not wrote or that are not open source is a violation of the EULA which I would guess is not allowed on SF. If you go on HF I must warn you of how unwilling to help the users there are and to look out for download links as many of them are infected with viruses.
(05-15-2010, 01:37 PM)Gerald311441 Wrote: Reverse Engineering on any programs that you have not wrote or that are not open source is a violation of the EULA which I would guess is not allowed on SF. If you go on HF I must warn you of how unwilling to help the users there are and to look out for download links as many of them are infected with viruses.
dude...ive already thought bout the same..and...right now i am thinking of doing this with an open source software itself....Oui
Download the 'Lena Tutorial' on Reverse Engineering.
I don't understand? You need an idea for a project, to work with a partner, of where you reverse engineer a software package and produce some sort of fixed up software package?
rooneyful via PM Wrote:well..hey there mate..i wanna learn RE in softwares..
i already got a partner...in skool...now all we need is an open source software..which is pretty easy to find..and a person who know much bout RE and is willing to make us prepared for the science expo..
hope i make sense now..

Isn't that the point of the project, to LEARN?
What education level are you at (how old are you?). You will not be able to say "we found a bug in Linux and then went and fixed it" because it will be obvious you cannot code, no matter what level at school you are.
The problem is... not that many open source projects are coded in easy (such as visual basic) languages.
well...my mate kinda knows VB..and i kinda know C++..
and we could use a bit of help from our professors too..(i guess)
i am 16 and my partner is 17...
so now??
we are just planning to do a small project....maybe with all ur help??
Make your own little program, that does a few different things with bugs and use it as an example.
This was, you won't get your professors WTF'ing at your standard of work!
(05-16-2010, 03:42 PM)Extasey Wrote: Make your own little program, that does a few different things with bugs and use it as an example.
This was, you won't get your professors WTF'ing at your standard of work!

well...makin our own program will take even more time..
we wer thinking of using some open source softwares...like for example..the mozilla ..we get the source code..and do some things that are possible...like add and in built proxy.....or maybe...some flash player..or something like that..
how would that work???