Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major OverHeating problems.
Did you checked the rad? [Could be broken.]
radiator?
Yeah, it seemed fine. Bloke should be coming out tomorrow.
Casper, if it was his heater core, all his antifreeze would just dump into his cab and for up his windows when his heat was on, for sure noticeable. But possible.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
Just got my block back and we found out that the timing chain was rubbing up against the coolant tubing which caused a pinhole leak. This is why it mixed and caused overheating without any loss of performance.
Any way... the head gasket was warped but it wasn't doing any damage because it had only warped from the main problem and not bad enough to fudge crap up.
So I've got to replace the head gasket, fix the tubing, check one of the rockers (two valves were replaced), replace the timing chain and put the engine back together.
$470 all up.
(03-29-2010, 03:57 AM)Extasey Wrote: Just got my block back and we found out that the timing chain was rubbing up against the coolant tubing which caused a pinhole leak. This is why it mixed and caused overheating without any loss of performance.
Any way... the head gasket was warped but it wasn't doing any damage because it had only warped from the main problem and not bad enough to fudge crap up.
So I've got to replace the head gasket, fix the tubing, check one of the rockers (two valves were replaced), replace the timing chain and put the engine back together.
$470 all up.

So simple... And i assume your not doing it yourself?
I pulled it apart myself, sent it away to be rebuilt because the whole freakin thing seized up and sealed (too much coolant I guess). I'll also be putting it back together myself. When I said got my block back, I meant my Head. I've got somephotos I'll upload for you...
The oil:
[Image: IMG_0526.jpg]

About 3L of coolant in there. Theres nothing like a caramel milkshake in your engine.

The Head:
[Image: IMG_0529.jpg]

The colours fudged up because it was about 22:00 and it was under fluro lights, but you can see the yellow battery in the top left hand corner. Compare it's colour to the colour of the oil on the open block.
Dude.... That is fucked up...
Hahaha tell me about it.
Its had an acid bath since, so there is no oil (or liquid at all) left on the head. Looks brand new.
Just need to get a bit of time (and the motivation) to put it back together.
Hell, you can have that back together on your next day off.
Yeah but I sketch way to hard to do it without my mate.
I'll do it, but not without someone who actually knows what they're doing standing right behind me looking over my shoulder. Not yet confident enough to take a wack at it by myself!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Overheating problem mrnapolean1 6 1,266 10-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Last Post: mrnapolean1