Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Your Security!
(12-29-2009, 09:09 AM)Zomaian Wrote: Holy crap you guys have so much over-rated crap running on your computer. You do realize a Windows Firewall should be enough if you don't go on bad website although I like to use Windows Security Essentials which seems to be the best because it is made by Microsoft :D.

Nah, Windows Firewall isn't so good (you should still have it running though), but I agree, to many programs, you only need one AV, and you're forgetting, Microsoft made Internet Explorer :D

(12-29-2009, 09:17 AM)WMM Wrote: I am looking for a new AV actually. Every since my pro edition of avast expired well... It does not work anymore.
Any suggestions?

Try the free version of Avast, or AVG, or Avira.
Internet Explorer is on the shame list ^.^ no but Windows Security Essentials is really decent and does the job for free ;).
Ok then I may just get that.
[Image: signature.php?uid=1]
Well, I suppose I've never tried it anyway lol, AV's I've tried are Norton, AVG and Avast, Norton was terribad
Firewall:

- Comodo internet security

Antivirus:

- Avira antivir

Anti-Malware:

- Malwarebytes Antimalware
- Spybot search and destroy

Other:

- CCleaner

Works brilliant for me, and are all chosen after years of experience, work well together, light weight and all easy to use.
(12-29-2009, 09:57 AM)MarkW7 Wrote: Firewall:

- Comodo internet security

Antivirus:

- Avira antivir

Anti-Malware:

- Malwarebytes Antimalware
- Spybot search and destroy

Other:

- CCleaner

Works brilliant for me, and are all chosen after years of experience, work well together, light weight and all easy to use.

If you haven't already, you should also get Defraggler, it's made by the same people as CCleaner
(12-28-2009, 06:00 AM)Guerreiro Wrote: So they lie? :O

Who is they?
[Image: 29ol3br.png]
(12-29-2009, 10:26 AM)Cida Wrote: If you haven't already, you should also get Defraggler, it's made by the same people as CCleaner

Thanks, i'll check it out.
Ok I changed my setup, but I'm doubtful on the Avast

Avast
Malwarebytes
Superantispyware
Sandboxie

Is Avast good? I don't feel very "protected," should I switch back to Microsoft Security Essentials?
[Image: 29ol3br.png]
(12-29-2009, 11:19 AM)NaK Wrote: Who is they?

They are the general people that talk about Linux and tell you you should switch to linux because there aren't any viruses for Linux. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top 43 Cyber Security Tools to Improve Your Network Security tk-hassan 0 667 01-29-2020, 04:00 AM
Last Post: tk-hassan
  [Basic Security] Test Your Security Here cheeseburger 22 7,777 04-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Resistance