Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Monitor Pains
Ok, this is puzzling me. I just got a new 20 inch Hannspree monitor for christmas. I hooked it up, and every time i turn on my computer, the light goes from orange to blue like its supposed to, and then nothing. It takes like five minutes for anything to display after that. I have another smaller monitor that i had on it before, but it doesnt have this problem. When I hook this monitor up to another computer, it comes on instantly. The monitor came with a driver disc, but the drivers are for vista only. Im running XP, so i never installed any other software. Any suggestions?
So after 5 minutes you can see your desktop and do everything normally? Is the other computer you hooked it up on running Vista?
[Image: 29ol3br.png]
Ya, the other computer is running vista, but I didnt install the drivers on it either. (The other computer is a laptop btw)
Did you check to see if the dirvers automatically downloaded when the monitor was plugged in? Can you tell me the exact model of the monitor you have?
No, i dont think any drivers were installed, but i suppose they could have been. It made that ding sound it makes when it confirms new hardware.
And its a Hannspree HF207HPB
Someone told me that my monitor is going bad, but i dont think thats the case
Maybe its the monitor? Try it on a different computer ;).
(12-28-2009, 04:31 PM)Zomaian Wrote: Maybe its the monitor? Try it on a different computer ;).

Read my first post. I did
Try to install the Vista drivers onto XP (I'm not sure if this will work)
Also try to replug the monitor into the computer and try it again.
Nothing happens when i try to install the drivers. When i try, a window pops up like a batch file trying to run, and then nothing.
I've replugged it serveral times, and still nothing. It only happens when the computer is first starting up, or when I bring it out of standby. If the computer is running, then i can turn the monitor off and on with no problems
Hmm, I don't know what to say, did you try contacting their customer support line?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Second Monitor is Detected but No signal PC to TV via HDMI villasbroker 2 1,076 05-24-2019, 03:22 AM
Last Post: AdilahBisar
  Dual monitor bigkieth 3 931 02-08-2013, 04:05 AM
Last Post: ShortsE
  Monitor, wireless card and USB devices won't wake up from sleep mode Ruzlier 7 2,879 08-18-2011, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Mono
  Need to fix monitor Clutch 7 1,169 07-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Last Post: djakariuz
  Big Issue with my Graphics Card, or Monitor Razzo 6 1,491 01-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Razzo