Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SF Feather Award No Longer Available
(10-11-2014, 11:23 AM)Canon HF Wrote:
(10-11-2014, 11:18 AM)Aura Wrote: Offering awards is always a good way to attract people on a forum. Hence why so many forum owners advertising on HF promise awards for the first people who joins and becomes active. Let's just hope that nobody spams their way to get it, otherwise it would just create LQ content across SF, and it doesn't need that right now.

It might get people active for a time only. Look at the SF award. 100 posts got you the award, then people just stopped posting on SF and the site slowly died.

Hence why I think that we should work on creating content starting today. So the people will have a reason to stay on SF even after getting the award.
(10-11-2014, 11:30 AM)Aura Wrote:
(10-11-2014, 11:18 AM)Aura Wrote: Offering awards is always a good way to attract people on a forum. Hence why so many forum owners advertising on HF promise awards for the first people who joins and becomes active. Let's just hope that nobody spams their way to get it, otherwise it would just create LQ content across SF, and it doesn't need that right now.

It might get people active for a time only. Look at the SF award. 100 posts got you the award, then people just stopped posting on SF and the site slowly died.

Hence why I think that we should work on creating content starting today. So the people will have a reason to stay on SF even after getting the award.

Not sure that people would be interested in support more than they're interested in Hacking, but lets give it a shot Oui
(10-11-2014, 11:31 AM)Canon HF Wrote:

Not sure that people would be interested in support more than they're interested in Hacking, but lets give it a shot Oui

Everyone that asks for help in all the other areas other than the Hacking area are interested in receiving support Tongue
I come in here and lurk every so often, make a thread but the site has been dead for a while. Recently picking up.
We all have things we want to say, but not publicly. We all need help with them at one point. If you want a private conversation or seek private help, send me a PM.
(10-11-2014, 11:46 AM)Aura Wrote:
(10-11-2014, 11:31 AM)Canon HF Wrote:

Everyone that asks for help in all the other areas other than the Hacking area are interested in receiving support Tongue

Yeah I agree, this site has potentially more potential than HF, that's why I almost personally bought this site off Omni
(10-09-2014, 03:37 PM)Omniscient Wrote: I might bring the award back. It had the largest impact.

Sad to say, it really did have an immense impact on the activity here.
(10-15-2014, 01:37 PM)Autopost Wrote: Yeah I agree, this site has potentially more potential than HF, that's why I almost personally bought this site off Omni

I don't think it will be needed now that Omni wants to revive it, can't wait to see future progress !
(10-09-2014, 03:37 PM)Omniscient Wrote: I might bring the award back. It had the largest impact.

I think you should for the time being to get the activity back up.
The whole reason I joined this forum back in 2012 was to get that support feather. Then it was discontinued lol.

I'm with bringing that back and it might actually help activity since people have to make posts on this forum anyway.
(10-17-2014, 07:49 AM)Reptar Wrote: The whole reason I joined this forum back in 2012 was to get that support feather. Then it was discontinued lol.

I'm with bringing that back and it might actually help activity since people have to make posts on this forum anyway.

There's also the risk of seeing many members register, and make LQ posts (or leech) in order to get 100 posts, grab the award and leave right after. I don't know how the attribution process of that award was working too. Were the posts and threads made by the user reviewed by Omni or the Staff to make sure that he really deserved that award or not?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bring back the feather! xadamxk 0 1,008 04-19-2016, 04:15 PM
Last Post: xadamxk
  Support Feather Award Omniscient 91 18,542 10-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Last Post: JonBD
  [Suggestion] Sticky Award Cronus 11 2,221 09-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Fly
  Question about "Support Feather Award" AnonymousPie 5 1,794 06-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Retribute
  Writing Award? Metapod 62 16,565 05-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Deity