Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minecraft in java.
Well in modding minecraft its all java based, would reading a book on java even help with this sort of minecraft based java? because ive looked up tutorials on java and ive tried implementing what ive learnt and it always seems to come u negative, how should i go about advancing my java knowledge so i can create nice mods and clients for minecraft.
Learning java will definitely help you with coding Minecraft. Also look for tutorials around certain forums. Hackforums has a lot of tutorials for clients.
Hackforums griefing section is the best place for this kind of questions.
You'll need an entire understanding of Java before you can create mods for the game, it's not some sort of SDK for the game. Although, some functions might be reoccurring, so when you do learn how to program in Java, remember that patterns are plentiful.
Quaero gloria stellarum.
Im coming back on this thread, telling you that you should learn basics or advanced java and then going into MC modding.
Most modding like that will take atleast a solid year of Java development. there is so many different areas of coding though. There is game coding, security coding, all sorts of stuff.
(04-22-2012, 09:54 AM)Shumaan Wrote: Most modding like that will take atleast a solid year of Java development. there is so many different areas of coding though. There is game coding, security coding, all sorts of stuff.

Which all relates back to the fundamentals of that language anyways so to me it doesn't make much of a difference. It's all the same logic.
You could always try and find some source codes of already programmed mods, and then rewrite them from what you got there Smile
PHP Code:
while(posting) {

postCount++;

happiness++;

(07-14-2012, 05:17 PM)MortenMoulder Wrote: You could always try and find some source codes of already programmed mods, and then rewrite them from what you got there Smile
I would not recommend this if you're planning to release these mods, you'll get a lot of hate for this. If you're just doing these mods for learning, go ahead.
Feel free to PM about anything, I'm here to help.
Look in the Hackforums griefing section, hopefully there should be threads about this.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why java haphazard 8 1,412 12-12-2011, 03:23 AM
Last Post: RDCA
  Need Java help from java expert. Blazin 2 1,892 09-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Java help php 1 809 04-06-2010, 06:41 AM
Last Post: php
  Java Problem for real java programmer Testgamma1 10 4,412 03-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Last Post: uber1337
  How do i get java Mozz 4 1,249 02-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Mozz