Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PassGen v2.0
(01-21-2012, 08:06 PM)King Wrote: How does it store the passwords?

It saves them to a text file, doesn't store them Smile
(01-21-2012, 08:19 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: It saves them to a text file, doesn't store them Smile

Are they hashed? I'm going to try make the same application. Haven't programmed in ages.
Not sure what breshie's done here to be honest. I only helped him with certain unhandled exceptions.
Alrightio! I'll get back to ya'll when it's done. Go to sleep!
Why would a password save into a hashed version? It saves the generated password so you don't forget it, lol. So do you guys like it so far?
(01-21-2012, 09:40 PM)BreShiE Wrote: Why would a password save into a hashed version? It saves the generated password so you don't forget it, lol. So do you guys like it so far?

If you're going to write it straight to a text file, it's a security risk. Someone could just open the file to get your passwords. But, I'm probably over thinking it. I haven't used it yet, just wondering how you did things.
(01-21-2012, 10:00 PM)King Wrote: If you're going to write it straight to a text file, it's a security risk. Someone could just open the file to get your passwords. But, I'm probably over thinking it. I haven't used it yet, just wondering how you did things.

I know it's a security risk, but it's just incase you might forget your password, so instead you save it somewhere on your computer and use a third party program to encrypt the file.
Or you could use mine that is secure Tongue

Also Breshie what happened to those credits you said you would give me for basically Fixing your code.........

I know not to help in future now..

(01-22-2012, 05:00 AM)FizzyMentos Wrote: Or you could use mine that is secure Tongue

Also Breshie what happened to those credits you said you would give me for basically Fixing your code.........

I know not to help in future now..

Check what I posted on TLF, I did give you credits.
(01-21-2012, 07:09 PM)BreShiE Wrote: What you supplied me with on TLF Ace was amazing, works perfectly!! Big Grin

What is this TLF that you speak of?
[Image: cooldude.png]

(09-05-2011, 08:36 AM)Orgy Wrote: If you understand what you're doing, you aren't learning anything. ;)