Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VB6 | PickYourShow0.1 BETA
100 Buttons on a form though? You should try using a Listview or a DGV Smile Or at least a Listbox or something similar.
This is a really good idea for a program. I might try it out later.
(01-05-2012, 11:49 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: 100 Buttons on a form though? You should try using a Listview or a DGV Smile Or at least a Listbox or something similar.

They'll be split up into categories of 10, 10 per form. So there will be 10 forms like pages, just to make it a bit neater. I could perhaps put them into a listview and make it so when you double click on the item it'll open up the browser, I'll try that.
Ahhh don't have 10 forms that would be incredibly ugly and also bad practice. Definitely use a ListView.
Breshie lol, though unless you have some sort of comparative design names to refer to in a loop for a self proclaimed hook on a button event, you're going to be putting code into 100 subroutines for every last button. I would still use a listview personally, or a control that was designed to layout data in an organized way like that. Put a tag on each of the items or something, then you only have one event to handle realistically. Having 100 forms is going to dramatically waste memory and cpu for no reason as well.
I hope you add a search option in the program in your coming release because not everyone likes the shows list you've added Smile

[url=http://myurl.pk/BLgzA][/url]
Rather than adding the shows manually you should connect it up to websites that already store the shows, so you can do as Clones said, and just search for any show, then the program grabs it from the website and plays it. That would also tidy up the GUI and allow you to focus more on additional options/features.
Fragma I think that is a little too advanced for lil Breshie.
Very nice looking program, Also Helpful.

You should make the Gui look a bit better.
Not bad, for a start this is very good, as for the idea in general of being able to watch TV shows. I like it. Possibly you could add series in the index then the series branching out to episodes to make the GUI a bit cleaner. I also think you should make a nicer GUI for it to be ready, but for a start this is very good!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Request] - Convert Excel formula to VB6 Code Carb0n F1ber 15 5,965 05-18-2015, 11:46 PM
Last Post: longwest
  vb6.0 SSTab control disappeared DanB 0 1,189 12-29-2012, 10:24 AM
Last Post: DanB
  [Preview] OnyxPad [Beta Testing] OnyxDev 1 1,003 05-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Diabolic
  [HELP][VB6] Comparing md5/file size? Cloud203 5 2,057 02-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Denny Crane
  [VB6] Shopping List BreShiE 3 1,374 12-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Last Post: BreShiE