Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems after running CCleaner
Hi,
looking for a solution to getting a copy of MS Office 2000 SR-1. I cannot locate my own.
After running CCleaner, Office products, (word, powerpoint, excel) will not fully open. I am then asked to insert the installation disc (Office 2k sR-1). On hitting cancel an error message 1706 Appears; no valid source....Windows installer cannot continue. Anyone got a solution or where I can download to disc Office 2k SR-1?
Start-Run-Services.msg-Enable Windows Installer- Smile
(07-19-2011, 07:38 AM)com975 Wrote: Start-Run-Services.msg-Enable Windows Installer- Smile

still asking for CD!! Anything else?
If you are looking for a disc, go to tpb and download it. Just use some free office program like OpenOffice otherwise.
Maybe try to "torrent" / get them for "free". That might work just by uninstalling the current and torrenting them again.
I have a Genuine version of Office 2000 that i've used for years until 2007 and 2010 came out. It's been used quite a bit on my machines.
Brother I will suggest you to use Tuneup Utilities 2010 for this. This is similar to CCleaner.
No you have to uninstall and reinstall them, this happened with my photoshop program and stuff.
You should upgrade your office 2000 is very old, try 2010 trial, it will probably work and function better. Also try what godly said above and re installing first.
[Image: blazin.gif]
(09-15-2011, 09:45 PM)Blazin Wrote: You should upgrade your office 2000 is very old, try 2010 trial, it will probably work and function better. Also try what godly said above and re installing first.

Actually office 2000 was very functional, and probably faster because it didn't need to run extra threads for the GUI/visual. It's just that the functionality of 2010 has a lot more options for the user to choose from. But if you were fine with 2000, then there's still nothing wrong with it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [TUT] How to determine what services are running under a SVCHOST.EXE process Cyb3rc0de 5 3,383 04-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Last Post: .D0T'
  [HELP] Running Programs In The Background Legend 2 915 10-26-2009, 06:26 AM
Last Post: Legend