Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Email Notification for Emotional Support
(05-06-2011, 08:38 PM)Infinity Wrote: I guess you're right, but the prefix idea is a fairly good suggestion to me. I would block any email notifications I get though.

Staff should addon [CLOSED] or [SOLVED] whenever someone is asking something having to do with a contest, or a question to the title.
SupportForums for promotion!
(05-06-2011, 08:48 PM)Jacob Wrote: Staff should addon [CLOSED] or [SOLVED] whenever someone is asking something having to do with a contest, or a question to the title.

The staff has time for that? :/

(05-06-2011, 07:46 PM)Jacob Wrote: I did read the first post.

"And if it still at [SUPPORT NEEDED] after a couple of days and e-mail will go out saying "Did you get your support?" so people can close the post"

Once again SF will not be sending emails like facebook.

What the hell are you talking about? Lol. I'm pretty sure 90% of websites send emails...not just Facebook...take your original insults off of Support Forums please.

Obviously everything I suggested is optional and I'm just submitting ideas and SF posts here to discuss what can make it better. I get emails if people reply to my threads, that makes SF like Facebook? No. It will be optional.

And don't make statements like you run the place.
Stop suggesting things that won't improve the forum.
(05-07-2011, 04:22 PM)Jacob Wrote: Stop suggesting things that won't improve the forum.

You haven't been here very long to know what would improve or benefit the forum so suggestions are well open to everyone in a contribution or discussion. Prefixes would be fairly beneficial in my opinion. There's been a few reasons within this thread for why I would support that idea, if it was used in a certain way.
(05-07-2011, 04:27 PM)Infinity Wrote: You haven't been here very long to know what would improve or benefit the forum so suggestions are well open to everyone in a contribution or discussion. Prefixes would be fairly beneficial in my opinion. There's been a few reasons within this thread for why I would support that idea, if it was used in a certain way.

My experience in this forum is irrelevant to whether or not this will improve anything. It will just clutter the section with every thread having '[CAPSLOCKHERE]' .
(05-07-2011, 04:30 PM)Jacob Wrote: My experience in this forum is irrelevant to whether or not this will improve anything. It will just clutter the section with every thread having '[CAPSLOCKHERE]' .

Prefixes can be icons, or colored text as well. For some aspects of this suggestion it is fair to say that it is relevant. I've been around long enough to see the problems/issues people post in the emotional support section, and some quite actively check to see whether a new post was posted in their thread, whereas some get annoyed that their thread keeps getting answered.
(05-07-2011, 04:32 PM)Infinity Wrote: Prefixes can be icons, or colored text as well. For some aspects of this suggestion it is fair to say that it is relevant. I've been around long enough to see the problems/issues people post in the emotional support section, and some quite actively check to see whether a new post was posted in their thread, whereas some get annoyed that their thread keeps getting answered.

This suggestion is just ignoring a more important suggestion.
Users able to close their thread when their problem has been solved.
This way if a thread is still open, obviously he's still looking for help/advice ...
lol well you can go ahead and make a thread, and try to close it if you want. Closing threads has already been suggested in the past, and denied by Omni, so it won't be implemented in the future either. That's where experience on the forum would come in handy, or the search function to see what has already been suggested in this area of the forum.
If Omniscient has denied closing threads, no point in suggesting more things on the line.

If you have solved your problem already a user can simply add [Solved] ____

If they please.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Email Design Best Practices: How to Design the Perfect Email Newsletter atekur1234 0 833 03-13-2017, 12:26 AM
Last Post: atekur1234
  Email Design Best Practices: How to Design the Perfect Email Newsletter atekur1234 0 787 03-13-2017, 12:24 AM
Last Post: atekur1234
  Bad image notification Brandon 6 1,232 12-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Skill
  Notification: SF Theme Glitch... Resistance 4 1,168 11-25-2010, 04:15 PM
Last Post: MarkW7
  [Suggestion] Emotional 'Support' Reality 7 1,454 10-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Omniscient