Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Marijuana Could soon be LEGAL in Canada!
(04-18-2011, 10:05 AM)Baked Wrote: Okay well you got high, I do it for enjoyment. I like the feeling of laying back and just let everything go, it makes everything seem easy. I do the same, I just smoke it .. chill, maybe play some video games or watch a TV show.

But there are people that use it for pain and it's the only thing that works, which is why it should be legal.

There's a difference between legal and medicinal.

Have you seen how easy it is to apply in half of these states? My cousin in Oregon is a "patient" but in all honesty he's just a pothead looking to score some weed with minimal effort and no consequences.

The war on drugs was a failure and a waste of money but it doesn't mean we need to completely lift regulation from it.

When it does get legalized (it's inevitable), the state of the country will get rough real quick. I'm glad all of these propositions are taking as long as they are, as this movement needs to be well-planned and even more carefully executed to be successful in the longrun.
I don't splel check.
(04-18-2011, 10:22 AM)Scalise Wrote: There's a difference between legal and medicinal.

Have you seen how easy it is to apply in half of these states? My cousin in Oregon is a "patient" but in all honesty he's just a pothead looking to score some weed with minimal effort and no consequences.

The war on drugs was a failure and a waste of money but it doesn't mean we need to completely lift regulation from it.

When it does get legalized (it's inevitable), the state of the country will get rough real quick. I'm glad all of these propositions are taking as long as they are, as this movement needs to be well-planned and even more carefully executed to be successful in the longrun.

We're talking about Canada here, over 50% of our country is for legalization and over 60% admit to smoking it at least once, the simple fact it isn't legal is a testament to how badly our government represents the citizens views, it's depressing.
(04-18-2011, 11:34 AM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: We're talking about Canada here, over 50% of our country is for legalization and over 60% admit to smoking it at least once, the simple fact it isn't legal is a testament to how badly our government represents the citizens views, it's depressing.

If you want to see a real testament of lack of government representing citizen views take a look at the US electoral college.

But yeah, I know what you mean. The same statistics apply to nearly any country though. Just because a lot of people do it doesn't mean it should be legal, which is the basis on which most governments stand.
I don't splel check.
That could cut down on crime...
and make people more chilled ^_^
Even if marijuana became legal worldwide I still wouldn't feel comfortable doing it in front of my parents, and I'm sure they still wouldn't approve. Also, it would kinda take the fun out of it, since there's no risk of getting caught.
Your so lucky, someday. lol someday
(04-18-2011, 02:50 PM)Justin Bieber Wrote: Even if marijuana became legal worldwide I still wouldn't feel comfortable doing it in front of my parents, and I'm sure they still wouldn't approve. Also, it would kinda take the fun out of it, since there's no risk of getting caught.

That's pretty true, like it's not going to change society's look on it.
It's still going to be frowned upon.. But this will start to make it become more acceptable.
[Image: baked1.png]
Hehe, congratulations for you, Canadians! Big Grin
Here, in my country it's not legit but everyone can buy weed from coffee shops.
(04-19-2011, 06:08 AM)Nympho Wrote: Hehe, congratulations for you, Canadians! Big Grin
Here, in my country it's not legit but everyone can buy weed from coffee shops.

So I guess you're from the Netherlands.
It seems nice there, so it's only decriminalized there ?
[Image: baked1.png]
I could actually see crime rates increasing. People that buy weed have established jobs and can afford that dime here and there.

The dealers are trying to make a living, you cut those jobs, they search for other alternatives. More than likely they will go for get rich quick schemes. Theft rates will probably go up.

The majority of those up for legalization are the 17 year old kids that don't want to get in trouble anymore and don't truly understand the repercussions such a drastic movement such as this will have on the entire country.
I don't splel check.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  200mW Laser Legal in USA? Deceive 9 1,690 07-23-2011, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Launcher
  is this legal Reykjavik 15 1,293 06-24-2011, 10:55 PM
Last Post: mikeandike
  Marijuana Smokers Shades 20 2,766 06-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Omniscient