Poll: Limit some sections of the forums for unregistered users
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
54.55%
6 54.55%
No.
45.45%
5 45.45%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So many guests :O
I think this is a great idea. Thanks Omni for taking this guys advice. I remember WAY BACK when I used to visit HF years ago and guests were permitted - I never made an account there until over a year later when the forum was blocked to non-registered users,
One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
Nobody said it would be easy Tongue

But it makes the most sense to me, as people who need 1 on 1 advice need to post, and guides just meant to be followed.
Totally disagree. If someone has a problem and can find help here through questions already asked, why make them register? No! Knowledge should be free!
All forums? Hell no.

Some? yes. I'll compile a list of forums I suggest to hide when I have time, I gtg.
I am totally supporting this, I think the member registration form is going to crash xD
[Image: t5BWm.png]
(03-15-2011, 05:02 PM)Socrates Wrote: Totally disagree. If someone has a problem and can find help here through questions already asked, why make them register? No! Knowledge should be free!

It's free to register. Next you'll tell me that a few clicks of their keyboard is too much to ask.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(03-15-2011, 09:08 PM)Omniscient Wrote: It's free to register. Next you'll tell me that a few clicks of their keyboard is too much to ask.

lol... I actually laughed at that one.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
(03-15-2011, 09:08 PM)Omniscient Wrote: It's free to register. Next you'll tell me that a few clicks of their keyboard is too much to ask.

But if they don't want to register. Come on Omni, sarcasm isn't needed.
(03-15-2011, 09:55 AM)GrammarPhreak Wrote: Or we can have a membership that people can buy that gives us more freedom on the forum.

Making regular users noobs and not getting help anymore.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
I personally respect the idea of not implementing any VIP memberships until the site has time to grow. It generally puts strain on non-members and usually divides the forum. From the sound of it, that's definitely NOT the purpose of SupportForums and I hope it stays that way for the time being.

I would rather see members earn respect by working hard and contributing in an appropriate and interesting manner, rather than buying their way through the ranks.
One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.