Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
SF Mentors
[Image: int7wM.png]

[Image: ik5OHe.png]

[Image: sfmentors.gif]

[Image: Dew3w.png]

SF Mentors is a group of knowledgeable, intelligent, and reputable members whose motive is to represent Support Forums by improving the community as a whole. With our outlook, we are motivated to influence every member with our professional, respectful, and complaisant behaviors. Providing an unbiased and respectful attitude towards all members, we are determined to show that any member can become a useful, beneficial member of Support Forums. SF Mentors consists of users that are constantly contributing by providing high quality posting, tutorials, and overall insight to situations. As we combine all of our skills, achievements, and knowledge it is our motive, as a group, to mentor members here on Support Forums.

[Image: UMuqg.png]

As you might have seen, there was much argument about the requirements for this group. I have decided to make this group invite only. To join this group, a member of SF Mentors must recommend/nominate you. Those will reduce, and hopefully put and end, to the unnecessary bickering. Please, do not whine about not being invited to this group; this will only ensure our decision to exclude you. If we, as a group, feel you will be an asset to this group, we will invite you.

[Image: wZsdv.png]

I think the post requirement should be much higher. I hold high standards for my group and say 200 is a requirement, but I think it should be even higher for this group. I know post count doesn't mean much, but if this group is for some of the best members on SF then they should have more posts, which also shows that they're active and are less likely to stop visiting/posting. Just my opinion.

Regardless, looking forward to this.
(03-03-2011, 09:24 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: I think the post requirement should be much higher. I hold high standards for my group and say 200 is a requirement, but I think it should be even higher for this group. I know post count doesn't mean much, but if this group is for some of the best members on SF then they should have more posts, which also shows that they're active and are less likely to stop visiting/posting. Just my opinion.

Regardless, looking forward to this.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have taken it into consideration and have now updated the post count requirement.

If they are to stop visiting/posting, which is a requirement of the group, they are at risk of being removed from the group anyways.
I don't see the point of this group to be honest, I don't think it's needed. Tongue
Also three leaders? lol. Not many people would get in the group so why would you need three leaders?
The name also makes it sound like your teaching people being a mentor.
[Image: burninglove4.png]
I guess I will go with this one.

And three group leaders is a bit too much right now.

Name: Austin / Shock
Country/State: Indiana, United States
Skills: Emotional Helper, PC Help, Welcoming New Members
How you will contribute to the group: I will do what I usually do, and if you have seen me around which I am sure you have, then you will know what that is.

I also think the text in the group image should be a little bit smaller.

My Application,

-Shock!

PS. Hope you like my patriotism Smile
★★★★★
Victoire
- Shock!
★★★★★
(03-05-2011, 12:48 PM)Shock Wrote: Name: Shock
Country/State: Indiana, United States
Skills: Emotional Helper, PC Help, Welcoming New Members
How you will contribute to the group: I will do what I usually do, and if you have seen me around which I am sure you have, then you will know what that is.

Accepted.

Thanks for the suggestions, and hopefully your activity will continue. Let's try to keep the colors to a minimum next time. Smile
(03-05-2011, 01:12 PM)Deltron Wrote:
Accepted.

Thanks for the suggestions, and hopefully your activity will continue. Let's try to keep the colors to a minimum next time. Smile

lol, Yeah.

Also, You need to change your profile picture.

Omni still hasn't reuploaded the gallery.
★★★★★
Victoire
- Shock!
★★★★★
We are still recruiting.

Just fill out the application included in the original post. Smile
I will apply, even though I don't seem like the most dedicated member. I will be on everyday, I can get on SF at school so I will be on a lot.

Name: Baked - Ryan
Country/State: Ontario, Canada.
Skills:
  • Emotional Help ( Girls, Depression, Problems in Life )
  • Welcoming New members, with a warm welcome.
  • Telling it how it is, I will not soften up the truth because sometimes that is what people need.
  • Web mastering : I can setup any type of site/forum and know how to monetize it.
  • I know how to hack, but that is irrelevant.
  • Healthy living, I know my stuff about living healthy and ways to exercise.
  • I am learning coding, so hopefully I will be able to give support on that soon.
  • Many other tech things like computer hardware and software help.
  • Encouraging High Quality Posting !
How you will contribute to the group: Try my best to help new members, encourage high quality, welcome members and make suggestions that can improve SF. I think I could contribute all my knowledge to this group, and I would gladly do so.

Thanks for taking the time to read my application.
[Image: baked1.png]
(03-09-2011, 07:45 AM)Baked Wrote: I will apply, even though I don't seem like the most dedicated member. I will be on everyday, I can get on SF at school so I will be on a lot.

Name: Baked - Ryan
Country/State: Ontario, Canada.
Skills:
  • Emotional Help ( Girls, Depression, Problems in Life )
  • Welcoming New members, with a warm welcome.
  • Telling it how it is, I will not soften up the truth because sometimes that is what people need.
  • Web mastering : I can setup any type of site/forum and know how to monetize it.
  • I know how to hack, but that is irrelevant.
  • Healthy living, I know my stuff about living healthy and ways to exercise.
  • I am learning coding, so hopefully I will be able to give support on that soon.
  • Many other tech things like computer hardware and software help.
  • Encouraging High Quality Posting !
How you will contribute to the group: Try my best to help new members, encourage high quality, welcome members and make suggestions that can improve SF. I think I could contribute all my knowledge to this group, and I would gladly do so.

Thanks for taking the time to read my application.

Accepted. From now on, your application will not be assessed unless you reach the requirements. That including the minimum of 300 posts.