Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WoW phished, keylogger prevention
My WoW Account was recently hacked. I believe it was this phishing site worldofwarcraft-awards.com that I put my account info and tried to log into. I ran a full AVG scan and it didn't find anything but cookies. I changed my WoW password and my e-mail password. After I finally received all my items from a restoration, I found out someone logged on again so i ran AVG virus scan, malware scan, and spybot scan. Any other tips to prevent this from happening would be awesome!!!
Well next time don't login in sites where they are not the official ones. You only got phished, so next time don't just put information in whatever site. Also check some of the threads that are in here that will help you from getting phish again.
[Image: mynewsig.jpg]

Want to know how to stop offline Phisher for good, well click here
(10-12-2009, 09:31 PM)Acekidd01 Wrote: Well next time don't login in sites where they are not the official ones. You only got phished, so next time don't just put information in whatever site.

Well no crap. He said he changed his passwords and they still were able to log onto his account. What makes you think he'd get phished twice after learning that lesson? So what else could it be?
[Image: arch2.png]
(10-12-2009, 09:31 PM)Acekidd01 Wrote: Well next time don't login in sites where they are not the official ones. You only got phished, so next time don't just put information in whatever site. Also check some of the threads that are in here that will help you from getting phish again.

Yah, I know I was phished. After being phised, I ran virus scan and changed game password and e-mail password, as ProspectDotNet noticed in my original post. My account was still hacked after that.
Maybe the got a hold of your recovery details? I'm not sure how WoW works with that but try changing some of the details or security questions up and see if it's still possible.
Do not visit sites which you don't beleive.
Anti keylogger which is Keyscammer can be could so that it can prevent The keyloggers
[Image: 2d75599e9a.png]:superman:
One thing I would suggest, is set up an e-mal address, just for that type of thing, which you use for little else and which contains, no personal info,
so if it does get hacked, then it will be useless, as there won't be anything there worth knowing and also
nothing for you to worry about if it does get hacked for the same reason.
[Image: SF1d.gif]

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
------------------------------------------------------------------
change your email password as well.. they might have taken a clue from your wow password..
(10-13-2009, 01:49 AM)UID=0 Wrote: One thing I would suggest, is set up an e-mal address, just for that type of thing, which you use for little else and which contains, no personal info,
so if it does get hacked, then it will be useless, as there won't be anything there worth knowing and also
nothing for you to worry about if it does get hacked for the same reason.

After the second time, I created a new e-mail address just for my WoW account. My WoW accoung now has new security questions and passwords. The first time i just changed e-mail password and WoW password but they were still able to hack my account. I did not notice if they hacked e-mail account, there was nothing to make me think that.

(10-13-2009, 01:53 AM)dongblues Wrote: change your email password as well.. they might have taken a clue from your wow password..

My original post mentioned that I did change my e-mail password. Thanks
Call Blizzard and request that your SQ be changed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Anti Keylogger] Key Scrambler [Free] Julie 22 7,518 06-04-2014, 09:31 PM
Last Post: OpenSSL
  [Mini tutorial] How to check if you are infected with a keylogger xsciveral 4 1,813 10-02-2010, 01:38 AM
Last Post: Review
  **ANTI - KEYLOGGER** EXplore_System135 13 2,961 11-06-2009, 03:54 AM
Last Post: EXplore_System135
  Anti Keylogger [Download Link] Kharnage 27 4,763 11-06-2009, 01:45 AM
Last Post: UID=0
  [Guide] Don't Get Phished! Anti-Phishing Tutorial! Zeaphor 9 1,944 10-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Zeaphor