Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Suggestion] Poster Award [/Suggestion]
I prefer features or qualifications, rather than another award for post count. For example, at 100 posts you can give reps, and at 500 posts you are qualified to apply as a group starter. It is nice when members get excited about being able to perform an action they couldn't previously.
(09-30-2010, 06:59 PM)Eve Wrote: I prefer features or qualifications, rather than another award for post count. For example, at 100 posts you can give reps, and at 500 posts you are qualified to apply as a group starter. It is nice when members get excited about being able to perform an action they couldn't previously.

I've changed my opinion after reading this. Creative way of thinking there, and I agree. Something different from HF will persuade some to come here as well.
yea alot of the time if there are reward for posting, LQ posts will be alot more frequent, and i hate when forums are full of LQP
I support this idea fully.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
(09-30-2010, 06:59 PM)Eve Wrote: I prefer features or qualifications, rather than another award for post count. For example, at 100 posts you can give reps, and at 500 posts you are qualified to apply as a group starter. It is nice when members get excited about being able to perform an action they couldn't previously.

Maybe at 1000 you could be able to close your own threads. Oui
Or since the negative reps and neutral reps have been taken away from normal members, allow neg rep with 1000+ posts. Tongue
[Image: burninglove4.png]
Yea but if you look at hfs they barely give out rewards either, but I do agree with what your saying!
[Image: pughacking.png]
Yep tried the same thread a while back. Well not the same but similar http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=11992 designed to promote more Awards activity.
And i honestly agree. I think awards are a form of incentive.
Incentive is a way to promote growth. The trick i have found is to make the awards smaller.
That allows me to give heaps of awards out on my forum with out a care in the world.
Sure mine dont mean anything but still?
And what ever happened to the damn image resize script and thankyou button?
Damn Omni is getting lazy. We need to give him a boot in the bum?

MORE AWARDS!
MORE FREQUENTLY!
SOME FUN ONES!
WE NEED FUN AS WELL AS SAD HERE!
GIVE MOD CONTROL FOR AWARDS!

Well thats what i would like to see.
I know Omni too well. He is a hard man. And for good reason i guess. His success is proven.
But i really would like to see SF offer more to the community. All be it silly awards or privileges.
Either way though. I still like SF.
And personally i dont come here for awards at all.
I come here for the members (met some really good people here) and hopefully to help others.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SF Feather Award No Longer Available Omniscient 103 25,298 10-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Robust
  Suggestion: Add windows 8 to Windows support section. Eternal. 4 1,222 10-13-2014, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Clark
  Suggestion - Add: Sound Hardware section in Computer Support Topics Eternal. 2 754 10-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Eternal.
  Support Feather Award Omniscient 91 18,294 10-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Last Post: JonBD
  [Suggestion] Sticky Award Cronus 11 2,170 09-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Fly