• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Rep abuse.
Honestly, Sam has been abused badly!

For example,

Negative (-1): get naked
Negative (-1): muahahamu...
Member Count:1,585
Thread Count:9,626
RF is an off-topic, general chat forum where anything goes.
Complete these requirements and be 1st VIP member {click me}
I think I'm going to disable negative reps here entirely. In which case anonymous reps just don't make sense. I'm going to delete all negative and anonymous reps that were given. This might take me a few days to implement since I'm working on various things all the time.

I think a real good argument was made about having this site higher quality and expecting a more supportive base of members. Negative reps simply don't go along with that mission.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(09-12-2010, 10:55 PM)Omniscient Wrote: I think I'm going to disable negative reps here entirely. In which case anonymous reps just don't make sense. I'm going to delete all negative and anonymous reps that were given. This might take me a few days to implement since I'm working on various things all the time.

I think a real good argument was made about having this site higher quality and expecting a more supportive base of members. Negative reps simply don't go along with that mission.

Great news mate. And i agree totally with you.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Well i really appreciate Admin that you are deleting that Anon rep system.

But deleting the -rep facility is not a good idea according to me.

As if that - used appropriately highlights Spammers, Scammers and other such stuff.
[Image: 2zszdd5.png]
There is no actual selling forum here, according to me.
So scamming changes here are pretty low.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
(09-12-2010, 11:21 PM)-[i]Dzire-™ Wrote: Well i really appreciate Admin that you are deleting that Anon rep system.

But deleting the -rep facility is not a good idea according to me.

As if that - used appropriately highlights Spammers, Scammers and other such stuff.

SF is never going to have a large marketplace imho. This is the root of the problem with scammers. If deals don't originate here there won't be a lot of scams.

And by the time SF might have a popular marketplace another system will be in place to deal with deal feedback.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(09-12-2010, 11:47 PM)NekoChan Wrote: There is no actual selling forum here, according to me.
So scamming changes here are pretty low.

But we can't deny that scamming chances are 0.
HF scammers hit SF also.
I won't take any names for now.
Yea, but how can they scam here?
You can't really sell or buy anything and if you do get scammed, its your own fault.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
Neko Scammers are scammers we can't do anything anywhere.

Example:-

A Person sells you a domain and claims that the domain belong to him then you are scammed.

Etc Etc.
(09-12-2010, 10:55 PM)Omniscient Wrote: I think I'm going to disable negative reps here entirely. In which case anonymous reps just don't make sense. I'm going to delete all negative and anonymous reps that were given. This might take me a few days to implement since I'm working on various things all the time.

I would still have -reps, just take away anonymous reps.
There will always be cases where people deserve to be -rep'd as long as you give the appropriate reason.
[Image: burninglove4.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neutral rep giving error? D3xus 7 1,416 10-18-2011, 12:08 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  Reputation Abuse? Planeswalker 11 1,974 09-24-2011, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  we are allowed to ask for rep? +devilpsn 15 2,940 09-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Omniscient
  Add "don't ask for rep" in the rules. Elektrisk 13 5,257 08-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Why is there a star next to the negative rep number? Annuit Coeptis 1 807 08-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Jamieee