Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
TechLifeForum.net
Could we maybe do an advertisement for advertisement?
I add an advert on my site for your site, and you do so on yours for my site?
You only have 4 members so far lol, so it would do you MUCH greater of a benefit than what it would do for me on my forum if I was to be quite honest with you. If you want good places to advertise, I would suggest trying sites like Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, etc... Even media blogging places where you can reach a vast audience.

There's a good range of bloggers everywhere to some extent. So advertising for you should be easier to start. Obviously someone that takes the time to post daily youtube vids about how their day went or anything like that... They are interested in a form of blogging. There's quite a few people out there that would love to try and go to a forum like that to learn from others as well, so if you can you'd need to try and reach to a collection of members all at the same time to ensure that when people go there, there are other people to interact with.

Especially for a blogger, communication, and interaction with others is their thing. Aside from becoming popular for content, people enjoy feedback and the interaction with others and the responses they get. So that should be KEY for you in deciding how to set up your site. Make it interactive. Huge advice for you.

I'm trying to construct the same thing on my forum except in more of a tech-based atmosphere where others can contribute and learn and share in the language of code, and computer support. Later i'm going to have a Live tech support feed, but that's going to take a good amount of constant activity to make successful. RSS bots will also be in the plan for the future on TLF.

If you look into ideas that are unique, and you build on them and have an idea of what you want to do before your members realize it, you can surprise them, and ask them for any feedback on what they might want to see to make sure that they feel involved as well, and it should spark some motivation for them to be a continual visitor day after day.

Hope that helps a bit.
(01-08-2012, 02:16 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: Team Reboot Challenges Archive soon to come on the forum! Smile Look forward to it and check out the community. Traffic increased by %15 just in the last month.

Unique Code Vault also available on our forum where users can view submitted snippets that have been manually approved through the vault by the review staff.

Link: Tech.Reboot.Pro

Team Reboot Challenges are here now! Big Grin
http://tech.reboot.pro/forumdisplay.php?fid=56

Also the link you provided for the code vault is off Tongue
http://tech.reboot.pro/forumdisplay.php?fid=54

We are about to break the 600 member mark as well. Only 4 members to go!
(01-13-2012, 08:22 PM)KoBE Wrote: Team Reboot Challenges are here now! Big Grin
http://tech.reboot.pro/forumdisplay.php?fid=56

Also the link you provided for the code vault is off Tongue
http://tech.reboot.pro/forumdisplay.php?fid=54

We are about to break the 600 member mark as well. Only 4 members to go!

Lots of cool new features like this which members have not seen on a tech forum before soon to come as well Smile
Just reached our 600 member mark not too long ago, and activity is ever so increasingly advancing in the positive direction Smile

Working on things for the challenge plugin and getting that ready to promote user challenges for the entire community to attempt with statistics on how many times the challenge was solved, and more.
We actually acquired nearly 50 new members in the past 3 days, activity is starting to really pickup for this forum. Added IP Log History plugin created by Omni from my subscription on MyBB Central as well for extra user security.
Participating in SOPA blackout, forum will be "offline" for approximately the next 10-15 hours.
Currently 3 Microsoft MVP's on the forum

Lots of support for BSOD's if you need a forum to go to for assistance on that. Also considering new changes to the theme possibly soon as well. We have activity from active members on bigger tech communities now Smile

Check it out: http://tech.reboot.pro
We've hit a new record for traffic today with nearly 700 visitors in the past 20 hours or so, and we're close to our achievement of 15 000 posts soon, as well as just shy of 700 members.

Site Statistics:
Code:
Our members have made a total of 13,571 posts in 1,605 threads.
We currently have 698 members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, Piikkis
The most users online at one time was 83 on 12-14-2011 at 06:49 AM

beginning stats around Jan.1 are wrong, as I had started recording around the end of december for our site. And I didn't validate as the site owner for a couple days by adding the script to the html.
[Image: i7RO2iipMWt26.png]
New Gadget in development for TechLifeForum members. Here's a preview of it so far, soon to be available:

Preview:
[Image: iCOaGcoaspuew.png]