Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spanking children as a means of discipline.
It's effective up till a certain age. I've spanked all my kids and everyone tells me how well behaved they are. At some point though spanking them isn't as effective as reasoning with them. But you can't reason with a 5 year old at least not without going insane. If you spank a child a few times for repeatedly bad behavior they will get the message if they are normal children. Children with ADHD will not be effected imho by any punishment. Reasoning or corporal punishment won't get past their disability.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
The highway road signs is harsh, but should teach them a massive lesson.
(04-12-2010, 08:09 PM)HTML Wrote: The highway road signs is harsh, but should teach them a massive lesson.

I personally don't think it's harsh. There're much worse things the parent could have done.
(04-12-2010, 08:10 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: I personally don't think it's harsh. There're much worse things the parent could have done.

I dont think its like shes a bad person. Im just saying its not typical.
(04-12-2010, 05:13 PM)Omniscient Wrote: It's effective up till a certain age. I've spanked all my kids and everyone tells me how well behaved they are. At some point though spanking them isn't as effective as reasoning with them. But you can't reason with a 5 year old at least not without going insane. If you spank a child a few times for repeatedly bad behavior they will get the message if they are normal children. Children with ADHD will not be effected imho by any punishment. Reasoning or corporal punishment won't get past their disability.
Completely agree, spanking is supposed to be one of the last tools a parent has to effectively teach your kids. It helps them realize that there is more consequences then just goto your room, loss of tv etc. Sometimes people need to learn better from hands on experience and this is what spanking is supposed to be.
Yeah, highway road signs is funny though, but not many normal parents would do.
Get my avatars here.
In certain situations and states highway road signs as an act of public humililation can actually land you in jail. It endangers your kids and is considered to be a cruel and unusual punishment. Although effective I would never consider it for my kids.
(04-13-2010, 01:06 AM)Elite Wrote: Yeah, highway road signs is funny though, but not many normal parents would do.
Yeah, highway road signs should be a last choice, since it's kind of drastic.

I was spanked when I was younger, it worked, it taught me you'll get a punishment you don't like if you do not behave according to the rules.
Get my avatars here.
(04-13-2010, 02:02 PM)Elite Wrote: Yeah, highway road signs should be a last choice, since it's kind of drastic.

I was spanked when I was younger, it worked, it taught me you'll get a punishment you don't like if you do not behave according to the rules.

The road signs should never be any choice. I am actually surprised the parents were not arrested for doing that.
I really don't see anything wrong with the road sign thing. Why is it bad? As if hitting your kid is any better?