Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Having Trouble getting People to sign up + stay active
Here are a few reasons I think.

Nothing really pops in what is in the forum. What I mean is its nothing you cant find anywhere else. Its too general possibly.

I didn't know what the forum was for right when I walked in and thats a problem. Change the name of the forum or have an image or something that I know its for dancing right away.

Also it is a little not neat in areas and the design doesn't pop. Look here.
[Image: Picture4-3.png]
Sloppy error

[Image: Picture5.png]
Looks crammed

[Image: Picture3-1.png]
Blan, looks crammed where it says home, calender exc... and the banner is small make it POP remember.

All those things make people just go away make a theme and strong colors and background.

You have to have something to offer that draws people in. Example make your own tutorials and post them.

Get some people to be frequent posters and you will be fine talk to friends and family.

Final thing I would make the whole form wider across the screen like support forums is. Don't have it just sit tight in the middle where your have to squint dont let the edge's take up almost half of the screen.

I don't dance but I will make posts to help Smile
It can take a long time until you have build up a good member core. Just keep advertising and posting content. Content is the key for traffic, and the more traffic you have to more members you will end up with ;).
I would recomend changing the name to something like UndergroundDance or something interesting that right away I am hooked, know what it is, and what type of dance is in the forum. Sure you will need to buy a new domain if you want that but it is worth it.

Also get a theme of 2 or 3 colors. Support Forum has gray green as main colors then orange accents for text and things. So if you did something like gray purple and white it gives it that underground feel and its not so sloppy.

Maybe also make your website a little more 21st century learn flash and use it so your site can move.

Many people have popular websites through youtube so post some tutorials there and mention your website. Or send your website to people who have dancing tutorials on Youtube.

Work a lot with graphics you may not be able to judge a book by its cover but people judge websites by there looks.

Check out your competition... www.dance-forums.com http://www.dance.net/ http://www.danceforums.net/
They are lame blan and old you could pass them up with a little hard work and right when you do you will do great.
No, do not use Flash. It's horrible for SEO and for people that don't have good internet connection. Using flash is pretty much the worst advise someone can give to a site that's starting up.

The theme is not sloppy at all. Sure there are a few aesthetic things that should be taken care of, such as making the on/off/offlock images at the bottom horizontal instead of vertical, but, overall the theme is fine. And the domain is fine. It's dedicated to HARDSTYLE music and the dancing that goes along with it. Not just all dancing.

Although, I personally would change the theme to something that if a visitor went to it, they would think hardstyle. The theme right now says something else.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
It's not the theme I think. I mean the better the theme the more people get attracted but its mainly content. Just keep posting and advertising ;).
(01-02-2010, 12:59 AM)Grizzly Wrote: No, do not use Flash. It's horrible for SEO and for people that don't have good internet connection. Using flash is pretty much the worst advise someone can give to a site that's starting up.

The theme is not sloppy at all. Sure there are a few aesthetic things that should be taken care of, such as making the on/off/offlock images at the bottom horizontal instead of vertical, but, overall the theme is fine. And the domain is fine. It's dedicated to HARDSTYLE music and the dancing that goes along with it. Not just all dancing.

Although, I personally would change the theme to something that if a visitor went to it, they would think hardstyle. The theme right now says something else.

1. Ok maby not flash but javascript or some action that makes the site a little more active modernized and 21st century.

2.Its not a sloppy theme over all there are just some points that could use cleaning up its the little things that people notice.

3.I couldn't agree more thats why i recomened the colors black gray then an accent like purple that gives it that hardcore underground street feeling.

Here use this banner and center it at the top [Image: HardStyle.png]
People will be able to see what it is do you see how big the banner is one Support forums and Hack forums.

Also make the forum wider it would help so much.
Your sites down Sad
[Image: signature.php?uid=1]
(01-04-2010, 09:28 AM)WMM Wrote: Your sites down Sad

^ Having a good host that can provide a decent level of uptime means more visits/repeat visits, which can also result in more member interest. People quickly notice downtime, and it's incredibly offputting for many member bases - make sure your host provides you an RFO (reason for outage) each time, and try to find out if they are taking measures to stop such events from happening again.

Besides that, as mentioned previously, it's all about building a loyal, active member base who become interested through the continued cultivation of your forum - content and discussion that suits them will result in interest and loyalty to your board.

Statistics can often provide a good idea on where your traffic is coming from, where it's going down etc - and it can also show you where more marketing may be effective. We've just started an ad campaign (paid) on another board, and I'm keen on monitoring the success of the adverts to see if they are providing good value to us. Statistics is a vital part of monitoring success - so ensure you use it! Smile
(01-04-2010, 09:28 AM)WMM Wrote: Your sites down Sad

(01-04-2010, 04:39 PM)vividWire Wrote: ^ Having a good host that can provide a decent level of uptime means more visits/repeat visits, which can also result in more member interest. People quickly notice downtime, and it's incredibly offputting for many member bases - make sure your host provides you an RFO (reason for outage) each time, and try to find out if they are taking measures to stop such events from happening again.

Besides that, as mentioned previously, it's all about building a loyal, active member base who become interested through the continued cultivation of your forum - content and discussion that suits them will result in interest and loyalty to your board.

Statistics can often provide a good idea on where your traffic is coming from, where it's going down etc - and it can also show you where more marketing may be effective. We've just started an ad campaign (paid) on another board, and I'm keen on monitoring the success of the adverts to see if they are providing good value to us. Statistics is a vital part of monitoring success - so ensure you use it! Smile

Read here for more information.
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
Vivid I did not ask why ask it was down, I was just saying. But thanks for the facts Big Grin
[Image: signature.php?uid=1]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  any ideas for members to become active? cyberninja 4 880 02-18-2010, 02:59 AM
Last Post: cyberninja