Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Distorted eating habit
Thanks for the advice everyone, especially yours GrammarPhreak. I'll put it to use.
to the user who stated to eat a low calerie high nutritous diet
not wrong; not right

if you are a very active/non fat dude you should get more calories then a fat dude
slowly getting better
(03-15-2011, 10:53 PM)haphazard Wrote: if you are a very active/non fat dude you should get more calories then a fat dude

Well I go to the gym at the bare minimum twice a week and have 1 hour of racquetball each week so that totals up to about 3 hours of physical activity per week, give or take an hour.

And that makes perfectly good sense because I'm assuming I need calories so that I can bulk up and/or get the energy I need to go on with my day but the problem is I'm eating wrong foods.

For example, I'm making this post the morning after the OP took place. As we speak, I'm eating breakfast at 10:00 AM. I set my alarm so that I could wake up early enough to have breakfast and lunch together otherwise I would have woken up late. I'm easting two scrambles eggs with two slices of toast and a couple of grapes on the side along with a glass of cranberry juice. Good? I'm doing my best to eat a lot because I have a really hard time eating in the morning after I wake up for some reason. Which is bad because breakfast is the most important meal so I need to slowly start making that adjustment.
(03-16-2011, 07:02 AM)Solidify Wrote: Well I go to the gym at the bare minimum twice a week and have 1 hour of racquetball each week so that totals up to about 3 hours of physical activity per week, give or take an hour.

And that makes perfectly good sense because I'm assuming I need calories so that I can bulk up and/or get the energy I need to go on with my day but the problem is I'm eating wrong foods.

For example, I'm making this post the morning after the OP took place. As we speak, I'm eating breakfast at 10:00 AM. I set my alarm so that I could wake up early enough to have breakfast and lunch together otherwise I would have woken up late. I'm easting two scrambles eggs with two slices of toast and a couple of grapes on the side along with a glass of cranberry juice. Good? I'm doing my best to eat a lot because I have a really hard time eating in the morning after I wake up for some reason. Which is bad because breakfast is the most important meal so I need to slowly start making that adjustment.

Well if you're working out, you're going to need more protein than just 2 eggs for breakfast, let alone the other meals. You need 1-1.2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight per day when you're trying to bulk up.

The average medium/large egg has 6-7 grams of protein.

I'm guessing you have a high metabolism, you should eat 5 times a day instead of 3, ideally anyways, I know it isn't always convenient with work etc.
hi there,
I read through the dialog and there seems to already be some sound advice to you. I have been at a clinic to help out people with eating disorders. From what you describe to me I can repeat from the others the following which could work for you:
1. have an alarm on your phone or whatever you carry with you all the time for 3 regular meals, plus 2 snacks in between.
2. Reason for a fruit or something of about 100kcal will give you the vitamin and nutriients you need to a) not feel overly hungry or dizzy before your next meal and b) give you energy when you train inbetween meals. Even a protein shake and having powerade to restore salt you have lost after your training is good, or in very hot weather conditions since we sweat, thus losing salt.
3. if you like junk food, have a day in the week where you can have it as a treat, like Friday or Saturday. One think that is important to remember is having heavy carb foodos at night after 7pm will result in you not getting to the deep sleep cycle, thus feeling tired when you wake up.
4. Regardless of what you eat, and eating regularly is important as much as possible, having fish ooil tablets, multivitamin tablet and a magnesium tablet (due to the water quality here) is important. Something i learnt to take and have to admit it makes a world of difference. There may be a chance you have a deficiency and I recommend getting a blood test done to find out. At least you know and can do something about it simply if there is, rather than feeling sick.
5. A rule for training, drink a protein shake an hour before and take a salt drink with you for during or after training. Take also a bana which is filling quickly if you feel weak which will help you for feeling full until dinner time
6. You mentioned about going of a plan. Well see yourself as a project, a project you want to succeed in and schedule it like you would work - alarm for meals, food journal to start understanding why you deviate of the plan or feel sick (may be an allergy to bear in mind) and before you know it, you will start doing it automatically. Give it a month and it ill change
7. To start of with, you may want to order lite n easy for example where foods are prepared for you to stop u from eating just junk stuff and eat a balanced meal.

Hope some of these tips help you. it must be tiring for you and even stressful. But this is a habit you can nip in the but. Finding the tactic that works best for you will take time but you deserve to take this time for you.

best of luck
Monique
(03-16-2011, 08:00 AM)monique12345 Wrote: hi there,
I read through the dialog and there seems to already be some sound advice to you. I have been at a clinic to help out people with eating disorders. From what you describe to me I can repeat from the others the following which could work for you:
1. have an alarm on your phone or whatever you carry with you all the time for 3 regular meals, plus 2 snacks in between.
2. Reason for a fruit or something of about 100kcal will give you the vitamin and nutriients you need to a) not feel overly hungry or dizzy before your next meal and b) give you energy when you train inbetween meals. Even a protein shake and having powerade to restore salt you have lost after your training is good, or in very hot weather conditions since we sweat, thus losing salt.
3. if you like junk food, have a day in the week where you can have it as a treat, like Friday or Saturday. One think that is important to remember is having heavy carb foodos at night after 7pm will result in you not getting to the deep sleep cycle, thus feeling tired when you wake up.
4. Regardless of what you eat, and eating regularly is important as much as possible, having fish ooil tablets, multivitamin tablet and a magnesium tablet (due to the water quality here) is important. Something i learnt to take and have to admit it makes a world of difference. There may be a chance you have a deficiency and I recommend getting a blood test done to find out. At least you know and can do something about it simply if there is, rather than feeling sick.
5. A rule for training, drink a protein shake an hour before and take a salt drink with you for during or after training. Take also a bana which is filling quickly if you feel weak which will help you for feeling full until dinner time
6. You mentioned about going of a plan. Well see yourself as a project, a project you want to succeed in and schedule it like you would work - alarm for meals, food journal to start understanding why you deviate of the plan or feel sick (may be an allergy to bear in mind) and before you know it, you will start doing it automatically. Give it a month and it ill change
7. To start of with, you may want to order lite n easy for example where foods are prepared for you to stop u from eating just junk stuff and eat a balanced meal.

Hope some of these tips help you. it must be tiring for you and even stressful. But this is a habit you can nip in the but. Finding the tactic that works best for you will take time but you deserve to take this time for you.

best of luck
Monique

Helpful tips. I'll be sure to use them. Thank you.
Hope they help you. Let me know how it goes and if you want to try and adapt new ways of existing tips to better suit you, maybe we can help. A nutritionist is also another idea to go and visit as a thought now.
Ciao
(03-16-2011, 09:06 AM)monique12345 Wrote: Hope they help you. Let me know how it goes and if you want to try and adapt new ways of existing tips to better suit you, maybe we can help. A nutritionist is also another idea to go and visit as a thought now.
Ciao

A nutritionist sounds good. But here's the problem. I know how to eat the right foods and stay in good shape while maintaining good physical exercise. I've done it. It's just hard to resist the temptation on days like I described; when no one is home and I eat whenever I feel hungry and whatever my mom bought. It's usually more convenient to grab foods that are per-packaged than cook something from scratch, which is usually the healthier choice. So, bottom line is that I'm just uncommitted to this.
Oh I see, Sorry I must have misunderstood. We all have those days. One idea could be to make lunch boxes of meals your mum has cooked (so take a bit extra and pack it away) and freeze them. This way the days you know you are alone, with your alarm tellling you when it is time to eat, you can just pop it in the microwave. It is prepacked and easy to heat. Then take out the meals you want for the following day to defrost. Or buy ready made healthy meals from the store and to mix it up.
Stick to restoring salt levels after training and protein shakes with daily vitamins. Good luck buddy!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bad Swearing Habit Resistance 13 1,690 03-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Brawl
  My Eating Habits [HELP!] Virtual Reality 10 1,697 11-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Virtual Reality
  Tired after eating a meal Oliver 8 1,420 11-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Shelby
  How to break my Facebook habit Treblez 35 9,986 04-14-2010, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Mute