Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guide to Increasing Proactivity
(10-24-2014, 09:29 AM)Omniscient Wrote: I'm an excellent trouble-shooter not just with computers but life in general.  Probably because I grew up in a very dysfunctional environment and had to constantly adapt and work with what I had.  My life wasn't easy and so I had to scratch and claw to survive.  I don't panic either, at least not too much.  I'm still human but I think I have a really high tolerance for crazy crap upsetting me.  I'm able to brush off the bullshit and focus on what's important or fixing whatever problem I face.

Like some people deal with their problems with drugs and alcohol.  I just drink for recreation and socially.

I've had some people disagree with me, but I believe going through a few hardships here and there throughout the first 3 decades of life is highly beneficial. It all depends on the person, but overall it builds character and sets you up for handling the future. I've had friends who have grown up pampered by their parents, only to have a mental breakdown when something goes wrong once they've flown from the nest.

I'd like to think that I have the same tolerance as you, but I know I don't. I acknowledge I'm still young, and it's a process that I have to work through. Thankfully I've matured quicker than most, so I'm not having a truly terrible time. My current job as a computer technician has helped me in troubleshooting computer malfunctions as well as life occurrences. I've noticed that I've been slowly changing in regards to my reactions ever since I got the job.

Messages In This Thread
Guide to Increasing Proactivity - by Froggy - 10-24-2014, 05:38 AM
RE: Guide to Increasing Proactivity - by Galaxy - 10-24-2014, 09:19 AM
RE: Guide to Increasing Proactivity - by Froggy - 10-24-2014, 09:22 AM
RE: Guide to Increasing Proactivity - by Froggy - 10-24-2014, 09:23 AM
RE: Guide to Increasing Proactivity - by Froggy - 10-24-2014, 09:43 AM
RE: Guide to Increasing Proactivity - by Reptar - 10-24-2014, 03:45 PM