Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laptop Motherboard Issue!
i have a dell inspiron m5030 laptop. when i boot it up, there's a blank screen, and beeps. 7 beeps to be exact, indicating that there's motherboard failure. i read a fix on dell's website, quoted as follows:

Quote:I was having the same issue with mine for a month, tried contacting Dell, nothing. For anyone still having this problem or for anyone who has just started having this problem, here's what I did. I tried an old Xbox 360 trick, I wrapped the laptop in a comforter, making sure to cover any air inlets on the laptop. I pressed power and let it run in the blanket for ten minutes. After that I let it cool, and did it again for fifteen minutes. I let it cool completely, then tried booting it up and it worked! Mine runs without any hiccups now. Also when I did the blanket, I disconnected the laptop's speakers so it wouldn't drive me insane.

i did this fix, and it worked! but now everytime i shut down my laptop afterwards, i have to do this fix to hop on. anyone have any suggestions for more of a long term fix?

thanks in advance.

Messages In This Thread
Laptop Motherboard Issue! - by chuckery - 08-18-2013, 06:06 AM
RE: Laptop Motherboard Issue! - by chuckery - 08-19-2013, 06:33 PM
RE: Laptop Motherboard Issue! - by eXceptional - 03-01-2014, 11:00 AM