Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Starting with C++? LOOK HERE IF WONDERING
(10-06-2009, 03:34 PM)MrD. Wrote: The difficulty in C++ doesn't come from the syntax, it comes from peoples understanding (or lack their-of) of managed memory allocation/de-allocation and pointers. Get a good grasp of managed memory and pointers first and you should be good to go.

(10-05-2009, 08:23 PM)Stephon Wrote: Don't waste your time on VB or C#! Big Grin
There's nothing really wrong with learning C# first, if you're interested in games there's also XNA which uses C#. Given, after years of working with C++, going back to C# is like having my fully automatic shotgun replaced with a water pistol, but still, a water pistol teaches you the basics of aiming and firing and is far less intimidating to those who have never used a weapon before Thumbsup

But rather than well I can't exactly say "wasting" your time learning C# because learning any language isn't a waste of time, you could put better use to your time by learning C++ first.

I also haven't seen any eye catching games made using XNA. Just some 2D and half-assed 3D ones. The best game I've seen made with XNA is called "The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai". Sounds stupid but look it up on youtube and you can see the designer put some effort into it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Starting with C++? LOOK HERE IF WONDERING - by InsideSin - 10-06-2009, 04:21 PM