Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
me, insecurity and relationships
Feeling insecure can be such a frustration on life. Any hopes, dreams and wishes for the future can be suddenly overwhelmed by the fear of judgement, to then ask yourself ‘what’s the point, if I try I will end up withdrawing from what I really wanted because of my fear of trying, failure and what others would think’.

Social insecurities do tend to form from early childhood. If comfortable to do so, consider taking some generous time to reflect on your early years, what situations made you feel uncomfortable, the times of shyness, maybe feeling you were made to do something where you had to be in the spotlight of onlookers? Consider if you felt if you were pushed into showing care for others, possibly pushed into showing physical affection.

Although maybe difficult and possibly upsetting at times, reflect on the whole scenario, how you felt and afterwards. You may begin to see how similar behaviours from the past still play out in present scenarios.

Your frustration about other people not understanding and knowing about insecure people is valid. But in reality you may hold onto to these questions forever and not seek the answers. People have their own idea of how the world is to them. Without going through what you may have experienced would make it difficult for another to understand.

Bitterness towards others not understanding could only deepen your bitterness leading to resentments. Try not to let insecurity lead you to believe others are at fault and inconsiderate because they don’t understand. You may end up with a lifetime of pain as others may seem without it. But taking the decision to deal with insecurity yourself can be very rewarding and can build strength, courage, confidence and respect for yourself as a person able to overcome insecurities that have no right to stop you enjoying life..

Maybe reflecting and talking about these difficult experiences may help release tensions and well as gaining some perspective on how past experiences affect behaviours today.

I wish to share a statement, a powerful and in my experience a real proven action that does help someone out of insecurities and extreme shyness and over time as it is practised leads into confidence.

Remember this and repeat it to yourself whenever finding yourself in a situation of insecurity when you really want to do something. It is to: “Do it...Afraid”.

How do I know it works? Because it did for me.

Also a quote that has had a lot of influence in my life which you may also find helpful to read now and then and of comfort:

"If you believe that life is keeping you in chains, then as
Long as you believe you are in chains, how can you release yourself?.
And when you do release from them, it will be simply because you no longer believe in them, withdrawing the faith that these invisible chains can hold you, and placing it in your freedom instead".

Take care
Andre

Messages In This Thread
RE: me, insecurity and relationships - by AndreR - 06-29-2014, 03:26 PM
RE: me, insecurity and relationships - by soul3 - 07-04-2014, 03:05 PM
RE: me, insecurity and relationships - by Clark - 10-11-2014, 12:48 PM
RE: me, insecurity and relationships - by Roger - 10-27-2014, 09:13 AM
RE: me, insecurity and relationships - by pgcar - 12-20-2014, 07:23 PM
RE: me, insecurity and relationships - by pgcar - 12-20-2014, 07:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insecurity ruining my relationship? Need some tips treeismee 1 702 09-15-2012, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Metapod
  Ehh... Relationships are hard :( Astrael 1 925 07-18-2012, 01:04 AM
Last Post: masami
  My Thoughts of Trust in Relationships Metapod 4 1,366 05-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Last Post: username999
  I have a serious issue sex and relationships. K3STR3Lx 7 1,187 03-07-2012, 04:10 AM
Last Post: Starbreak
  Relationships [Mildly Long] Colatrust 4 1,017 04-03-2011, 12:23 AM
Last Post: rooneyful