Poll: Is DAMINK amazing?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
66.67%
4 66.67%
Yes
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DAMINK Is amazing
Quote:You need to understand content is the best way to get traffic

I do, and what i'm trying to get you to understand here is that is NOT the way this site initially got its traffic when Omni was around.

So the rest of this:
Quote:Are you telling me support forums doesn't have content? This site was launched from HF but it was never treated as a puppet, I won't post a monster TLDR reply to prove that because I simply don't care enough.

Is just irrelevant, as you're not getting the point...

Quote:My opinion of you has drastically decreased now.

Opinions other's have about me does not matter, especially when i'm stating logical points and backing them up with clear evidence that someone chooses to deny regardless.

Quote:I like Omni, he's helped me in the past, why wouldn't I wish his forum to succeed?

Never said you hated him, and never said you didn't want this forum to succeed, you're taking this discussion off point now. I didn't even say that I wanted this forum to not succeed...

Quote:Sure I come here as a lurker, I contribute nothing to this site at all.

Quote:You don't know me at all, you're mad because you don't want LQ posts floating around but you don't have the knowledge to understand that the feather gave SF a LOT more HQ posts/content than the site receives without it. Omni has posted that himself.

Of course he posted about it himself, why would he say the SF feather was a colossal failure on behalf of it being his idea in the first place, on his own forum? You're still not getting it. I don't have to know you to understand that you don't get it. If you want to go that way, then you don't know me either lol, because i'm not mad, and I don't care whether LQ posts float around here, this is not my forum. It doesn't mean I don't take initiative to post about it though Smile

"you don't have the knowledge to understand that the feather gave SF a LOT more HQ posts/content than the site receives without it" -- You still haven't shown me where this is evident. Until then i'm waiting for you to prove that i'm now knowledgable enough Smile. It doesn't take knowledge, it takes observation; something that you couldn't do because you were hardly around.

You find me ONE post from Omni that says where he's stated that the Feather resulted in HQ posts. I don't recall that, I remember maybe 'content' being thrown about by him, but that doesn't mean it was HQ.

Quote:Jesus, I never thought you'd stoop so low to try and win a debate, it's ridiculous. Your grasp on how forums grow is alarmingly low. If you're going to try and enter such debates, educate yourself. SF was launched off of HF, it's just a faster root to success. If I owned a forum with 16 million posts and wanted to launch a second, I would use my large forum to get hits/content too, who wouldn't?

And I already told you, I have nothing against it, I agreed, why do you bring this up again like i'm trying to tell you that it didn't 'launch' from HF. My point was that instead of it just being launched from HF, Omni carried that on, he was NOT around. It took him a year to make much changes around here because he relied on the Feather alone (along with the 4 older mods he had around) to keep this forum active. As I previously said though, if you didn't notice those times (and I know you were a member back then) then you've been living in a cave.

Quote:It's not only common sense but it's the smart thing to do. You asked me where my evidence was of HQ content, go into every single section, there's your evidence.

Good god man... You're fighting to prove yourself right, not the truth here:

I'm reading this: http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....#pid281557
Omni Wrote:That we now have less posts? That we now have less traffic? So what you had to sometimes read and report LQP. If anything that's ACTIVITY

He see's it as activity, not HQ content, and admits all the LQP's that went around, and when you say SF was not HF's puppet, how come Omni directly states that the lack in activity/traffic/posts/content here is a direct result of removing just that one award which linked this site to HF? If you still believe yourself here, then there's something seriously wrong...

Quote:well, the fact I've had two "big-boards" now sort of suggest I've got some form of experience in this discussion

The fact that you've also heavily became a puppet of most of Omni's big boards to get there too... Doesn't really suggest that you have knowledge with SEO other than the fact that you've got your own strategies. Maybe you've read a couple SEO blogs? Taken some self-initiative to learn somewhat? But it still doesn't mean much. Just like in programming, one can read all he wants, but it takes practice and time to actually learn what you see on paper.

Quote:probably a lot more than you do.

Because you've had 2 big boards? lol. I've been doing this for a career 'backstage' for 4 years of my life before I started programming, now it's a hobby. Only they were real websites, not forums, which is a lot harder to attract activity to and get the high ranks on Google in my opinion.

I didn't come here to try to boast about webskills though, that's the audacity that this site gains from some HF members though i'm sure.

Quote:Jesus, I never thought you'd stoop so low to try and win a debate, it's ridiculous

And I am 'stooping' low here? Give your head a shake, I was giving you statistical facts backed up by evidence that you could have looked up yourself based on what i've said about the bans page and such other discussions i've been in with other members who see eye to eye with me here because they were also more of the everyday visitors and HQ regular members on this forum at the time the feather was around, not just a 'lurker'. You're attacking me on a personal matter here and trying to compare me to you.

There's some serious contradictions here with the things you're trying to accuse me of, when you're really the only one doing them.

Quote:I understand the hate for the SF feather, but I also understand how it helps the forum. Maybe you should too bro.

I seen how it did help out, and you know why there's such contrast in having it and not having it here? Because Omni is not doing anything at all here otherwise. I don't see him taking time to make contests here or make the graphics battle section go or anything to actually increase the forum's well-being 'manually' if that's what you want to call it. Again, i've been here and we've all waited 2 years just for him to add 2 groups... Now we're at a standstill again--And all because the feather award is gone? I don't think so, unfortunately an Administrator's job is not that easy, it takes a bit more work than letting an award get you ALL the benefits.

You, being a self-proclaimed forum expert then, surely perhaps you yourself can realize this too? Because if you do not, i'd have to question where this experience has lead you.

EDIT: Just look at the evidence in the Today's posts link lol, we went from 4 pages of new posts (when the feather was still around), in threads, to now only 8 items in that list since the feather was removed? Most i've seen was a page in a half to 2 pages ever since the feather was removed. Tells you clearly how much the feather was relied on, and nothing else here had an influence like the HF connection did. Now the question - What's being done right now to get us activity? (And we're not an HF puppet here? I could chuckle at that)

You want to know what else I see?
[Image: vunIx.png]

It looks to me that it's basically all new posts for others trying to sell something and benefit themselves, using this forum for their own personal gain. Nothing really with intention to contribute to the forum. I see one other post in the fun forums area in there, along with my latest post in this thread, that's it. We could just turn this into the Marketing forum that you once had based on this lol.

(This time actually read my full post too if you have any intentions on replying back, otherwise I know you'll be picking and choosing out the parts like I know you did this time as you'd forgotten some of my main points outlined in my last reply.)

EDIT: That's a long time you've been staring at my profile too btw (~1 hour so far?). Being a good lurker I see. But you want to act and try to tell me that you know what's going on here? This is like the other times i've had debates with you or seen you having debates with others, your prescence is somewhere else most of the time (WWEForums?). How could you possibly know what's really going on when you aren't here paying much attention? The time you spend on WWEForums, I used to be that kind of member spending that much time here on SF (when we had the feather award still).

Messages In This Thread
DAMINK Is amazing - by Deity - 06-08-2012, 10:47 PM
RE: DAMINK Is amazing - by Kewlz - 06-08-2012, 11:54 PM
RE: DAMINK Is amazing - by BlackChaos - 06-09-2012, 12:22 AM
RE: DAMINK Is amazing - by Cronus - 06-09-2012, 04:19 AM
RE: DAMINK Is amazing - by ven0m - 06-09-2012, 08:46 AM
RE: DAMINK Is amazing - by Chief - 06-09-2012, 10:06 AM
RE: DAMINK Is amazing - by Deity - 06-09-2012, 10:25 AM
RE: DAMINK Is amazing - by NekoChan - 06-10-2012, 06:26 AM
RE: DAMINK Is amazing - by Kewlz - 06-09-2012, 10:36 AM
RE: DAMINK Is amazing - by BlackChaos - 06-09-2012, 11:14 AM
RE: DAMINK Is amazing - by Kewlz - 06-09-2012, 01:30 PM