Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My parents marriage is falling apart. What to do?
Ok, so my dad started drinking a lot about a year ago. It got to the point to where he was pretty much an alcoholic. Right before thanksgiving he "quit" but I have seen him get drunk 2-3 times since then, but since he's "quit" it's been a lot better. But without alcohol, he is having sleeping problems, and when he gets really tired, he almost acts just like he's drunk. So this Christmas eve, he was really tired and right before we left for Christmas eve mass he fell asleep. He was being really irrational before and acting like he was drunk, even though he wasn't. He fell asleep onthe couch right before we left, so we jut left him there. 10 minutes later he calls my mom and is screaming and cussing at her. My mom had taken his keys before we left, and when we got back he was mad because he couldn't find his keys. He kept saying to my mom "Give me my keys". After refusing for an hour, she finally gave them to him. So our Christmas eve was pretty much ruined. Now tonight he and my mom have been arguing since he git home. While I was typing this he left and is probably going to get a beer. What can I do to save their marriage? My mom says she would leave if she could, and I NEVER would imagine that my mom and dad would be getting a divorce. What can I do?

Messages In This Thread
My parents marriage is falling apart. What to do? - by Slick_ - 12-26-2011, 07:15 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Everything is falling apart around me... Loulou 0 709 12-30-2017, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Loulou
  My girlfriends parents are crazy Sobrix 1 659 05-09-2014, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Clark
  So worried, falling apart, need help Belinea2010 0 565 11-13-2012, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Belinea2010
  Marriage Issues LovingMyKids4 6 1,173 06-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Cronus
  Parents// Thread being deleted. Deity 3 1,085 05-31-2012, 03:22 AM
Last Post: Prince