Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[TUT] How to Manually Remove a Virus [TUT]
(05-18-2011, 07:28 PM)Hell Guardian Wrote: As far as i know SuperAntiSpyware has the biggest signature database
Pretty much like Avira Virus database
But it's only problem that the process is not protected so any Amateur programmer can simply prevent it from running

All of what you said is not quite true, Avira is not up there as one of the top antiviruses for it's detection, and neither is Super Antispyware. Not anymore at least, not sure if it ever was in the past though, but they aren't now. Lots of AV's generate false positives too, it's also about accuracy. Superantispyware is decent, but it's not the top as of 2011. Same thing with Avira. Bitdefender is actually the current top AV alongside Norton 360, ESET, and I forget the other. I would agree with Bitdefender, and Norton though, I've had the latest version of Norton, and I had never gotten a virus with it running. People complain about its memory usage, but I use a computer with 8GB of RAM so I never noticed it, and that extra memory to spare, even though it didn't seem like much, you can't make a complaint for security in return.

http://anti-spyware-review.toptenreviews...eview.html

It's more popular because of it's ease of use, not for being the best. Taking into account that around 80% of computer users i'm sure aren't really that computer knowledgeable, and just use it for email/facebook/banking/etc. You can't rely on the public all the time for sources.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2127210,00.asp

Take a look at the users rating compared to the editor's rating, there's my point. And you can never tell if that's the only malware tool they've ever used either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TUT] How to Manually Remove a Virus [TUT] - by AceInfinity - 05-18-2011, 10:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hooot.com redirect virus sarasmile 6 2,639 01-22-2012, 01:19 PM
Last Post: RDCA
  Need Help - Virus Untouch 34 10,416 11-11-2010, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Sam
  {TUT} How to find out if you are infected and clean your PC! TurB0 4 1,542 07-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Last Post: BRSteven
  [TUT] How to download and use HJT [TUT] Irelandrulz2 4 1,697 04-19-2010, 04:51 AM
Last Post: Quintus
  [HJT] I got a virus hinchy 3 1,671 10-17-2009, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Skawke