Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting over nostalgia or...the feeling of missing something
Ah yeah. It's a bittersweet feeling for me. The nostalgic almost emptiness because you can't go back to it right now but you know exactly how happy it makes you. Really, you need to find something to take up your time NOW. Something that makes you happy now.
Try to work around the negative emotions and enjoy the nostalgia, embrace the memory instead of dwelling on the fact that you can't go there now. If you can't do that, if it's simply a negative feeling, try the 10 deep breaths. You would be amazed how nice this works if you truly give it a chance. I'm going to be telling everyone to do this from now on.
Sit down and turn on some relaxing music or sit in silence, start taking deep breaths and only focus on your breathing. As soon as any stressful thought enters your mind remember that you're supposed to be thinking about breathing. Not memories, good or bad try to push everything out and just breath. Rest your hands somewhere and just think about the texture of what your touching, then back to thinking about your breathing.

This feeling that you're experiencing isn't too bad, you'll get better. Especially since summer is around the corner. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Good luck to you.
-Polite-Active-Respectful-Atheist-Donator-Obliging-xerox?-
Are you trolling me? I don't care. Your thread may help someone that was too embarrassed to ask.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Getting over nostalgia or...the feeling of missing something - by -paradox- - 03-13-2011, 10:03 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feeling excluded and need advise. Ukguinea 1 871 01-06-2020, 03:41 PM
Last Post: larzihops2
  Help! You are subscribed to this thread Feeling insecure and scared... Sierana 2 1,004 05-10-2017, 09:03 PM
Last Post: elizabeth28
  Feeling Confused and Used any advice? sharkattack89 1 728 08-01-2016, 10:45 PM
Last Post: Mimi
  I have to end things with my GF and I'm so very sad about it -- feeling so alone soul3 0 637 07-04-2014, 01:47 PM
Last Post: soul3
  Feeling violated Notrust87 3 875 02-11-2014, 04:21 AM
Last Post: FeaturedBmx