Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wife Got Appendix Out
(12-20-2009, 11:50 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: Actually it's not. It has absolutely no function in the human body.

That's what they thought until recently. A little organ that fudged you up when it turned "evil" now we found evidence of it's support for th immune system. Read some Medical Journal that you do have a higher risk of some or all types of cancer when removed.
[Image: Uhriventis.gif]
Yeah it like trains the immune system by exposing the disease fighting cells to different types of unwanted chemicals. I was goint to say the same thing as you KTM but then I goggled it just to be sure Tongue
80% of the world has their appendixes removed. It's obviously not that important of an organ. I remember reading a few years back that it's believed to have mostly been used back in the day when we ate raw meat, etc. Which explains why the french (who eat raw steak) and the Japanese (raw beef and fish) have less appendectomy's than the, say, the US.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
I thought it was used back in the day when we ate grasses :S
So many rumors around one little organ!
I still have mine. It shouldn't be removed but money allocation should go to keep it.
[Image: Uhriventis.gif]
Good News!!!!!! My wife is back, and as such, I have my laptop again!!! Yay. All my files for all my sites is on it and I wasn't able to work on anything for 3 days Sad
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Got my appendix taken out yesterday. . ktmrider530 22 2,420 09-02-2010, 06:38 PM
Last Post: dareknyght