Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help, I cannot open Control Panel
Ive had a virus on pc, removed it, but its fudged control panel up, every time i try to open it it says : Application Error.. Application not found?

I cant do anything now can someone please help me Sad

Ps: I really dont want to reinstall windows cause i have no vista disk thats legit. and i dont fancy loosing stuff, there must be some way to fix this.

i have searched around the internet, it seems other people have picked this same virus/problem up, but ive read up on ways to fix it and they do not work.
Thats real mess up. Have you tried to restore your system?

Before you do system restore try this:

Go to start and hit run: type these commands,so you can go directly to the function you want.

appwiz.cpl (Add/Remove Programs, you may find the virus application there so just uninstall it)
nusrmgr.cpl (for User accounts)
ncpa.cpl (Network properties)

If it doesn't work then i think the system files got corrupted. Get smitfraud software to kill all virus processes and delete infected processes.
Smitfraud: http://siri.urz.free.fr/Fix/SmitfraudFix.exe

And also download the free software: malwarebyte http://www.download3000.com/download-mal...48795.html (then click on server1)

And also you need registry cleaner, you can find many on google.

That all i can offer i dont have much information on this,sorry. But don't forget to restore your system using
"system restore" located in "start>>all programs>>accessories>>system tools>>system restore.

(virus scan in safe mode is recommended)

GOOD LUCK
Thanks for your reply my friend, ive tryed running the things you said, eg:

appwiz.cpl (Add/Remove Programs, you may find the virus application there so just uninstall it)
nusrmgr.cpl (for User accounts)
ncpa.cpl (Network properties)

These will not work i still get error messages (*this virus really sucks*), ive just downloaded smitfraud this second and i will run it now and see what it can do. I also have restored the comp, but the restore points are stupid, there is only 3 of them from a few days ago, they do not work.

i really hope that if i find this virus it removes the settings it has corupted, cause i cannot use control panel for jack crap and it is becoming a major problem now.