Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pandora.com desktop application
If you don't know what Pandora is:

Or -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora.com

Hey.
I'm sure some of y'all use pandora.com. It's a dynamic web radio available to Americans only. Using the website version can suck, 'cause Flash is rather unstable. Thankfully, there's an Adobe AIR applications called "dorame" that acts as a desktop application for Pandora. Pandora's desktop application is only available to premium members, so this is a nice alternative. You need Adobe AIR installed to run the program. Get the program here ->
http://dorame.zduo.net/lastest/dorame.air

You can also minimize it to the system tray if you want.

Here's an SS of me running it now.
[Image: 21m9dh3.png]

NOTE: It doesn't add any functionality to Pandora. It just acts as a desktop version of it.

Enjoy!
I used to use Pandora, but I switched to Slacker. Pandora may have a bit more variety, but slacker seems to sound better. I'm actually listening to Slacker right now.
[Image: genequil.png]
(05-16-2010, 02:23 AM)Genequil Wrote: I used to use Pandora, but I switched to Slacker. Pandora may have a bit more variety, but slacker seems to sound better. I'm actually listening to Slacker right now.

From what I have read online, Pandora has a better system for finding music (more precise), but Slacker has great pre-made radios. I've personally never used Slacker, but I might in the future.
Quote:It's a dynamic web radio available to Americans only.

I bet i can make it available to me if i use an American proxy, though smooth streaming could be an issue.

Does slacker allow canada? (Pandora doesn't)
Awesome! I never knew that you could get a desktop version. Absolutely awesome! Thank you for this. I do have a question though. Is there a way to change the way that the program skin looks? Does it just use the Windows theme?
(05-16-2010, 01:07 PM)KoG Khaos Wrote: Awesome! I never knew that you could get a desktop version. Absolutely awesome! Thank you for this. I do have a question though. Is there a way to change the way that the program skin looks? Does it just use the Windows theme?

It comes with several different skins. But, as far as I know, you can't download additional skins for it. I screenshotted and highlighted where you can change the skins:

[Image: acmyd.png]
(05-16-2010, 01:18 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: If you don't know what Pandora is:

Or -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora.com

Hey.
I'm sure some of y'all use pandora.com. It's a dynamic web radio available to Americans only. Using the website version can suck, 'cause Flash is rather unstable. Thankfully, there's an Adobe AIR applications called "dorame" that acts as a desktop application for Pandora. Pandora's desktop application is only available to premium members, so this is a nice alternative. You need Adobe AIR installed to run the program. Get the program here ->
http://dorame.zduo.net/lastest/dorame.air

You can also minimize it to the system tray if you want.

Here's an SS of me running it now.
[Image: 21m9dh3.png]

NOTE: It doesn't add any functionality to Pandora. It just acts as a desktop version of it.

Enjoy!

I used to use this on my itouch. Mobile wifi too so it was pretty nice Smile good post.
My informational thread on how to become HQ
[Image: 3af27e76.png]
"An eye for an eye and the whole world would be blind"
I used Pandora before it became a US-only service. It has a very precise genre selector.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CIA Virus Stuxnet (SCADA System Worm) - Pandora's Box of New Malware In The Future? AceInfinity 0 681 03-07-2012, 03:20 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  [TUT] How to make FREE skype calls using iPhone/iPod/iPad application Sickshot 1 610 11-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Last Post: N.O.R.E
  Application to date my daughter Grizzly 13 1,692 12-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Grizzly