Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internet not getting through to Desktop
For some reason lately my internet on my Desktop hasn't been working. I had Windows 7 and Fedora 12 dual booting when the problem occured. It was one night a fair while ago when it killed itself from having some errors for some reason. After that I thought it was just my Wireless Card playing up, and I was about to buy a new one. For some reason now though, not even having the ethernet cord plugged in works! I have it connected, and on any OS it doesn't work at all. I think it worked for a tiny while when I had Windows 7 installed on it, but then it died again. I have a feeling something's blocking me from getting the router? I haven't messed around with any settings, and I've installed and unisntalled countless numbers of OS's.

For some weird reason, when I run a PING test, by just doing ping google.com or ping supportforums.net it works fine, with no packet loss. But it wont load up in my browser, and I can't install updates or anything.

Anyone help?
Cheers.
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
Why dont you reset your router to factory settings and see how it goes!. And check you lan settings in connection tab in IE settings to see if you are behind fake proxies.
I've reset the router tons of times back to default. But that shouldn't matter, every other computer in my house works on it. And I'm not using Windows, at the moment.
At the top will be the same place you hang from.