Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Unreal Development Kit
Now I made these videos when I first started. I got really good, and I actually made some cool maps with vehicles, weapons, and some AI.

UDK is the game engine that runs games like Gears of War and Borderlands.
Recently they gave out the software for free. This is a great opportunity for people who are interested in professional game design. Here are a few videos I made. These were mad literally the first week I got it, so no hating. ;)

Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
-Adolf Hitler

A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.
-JFK

Looks really interesting to me, I'm downloading this now to see what the update is with gaming development. I've made games before, but nothing as advanced as what UDK is capable of. Only low quality wire 3D rendering, but the games seem to run smoothly as well based on the demos i've seen.
(03-08-2011, 10:22 PM)Infinity Wrote: Looks really interesting to me, I'm downloading this now to see what the update is with gaming development. I've made games before, but nothing as advanced as what UDK is capable of. Only low quality wire 3D rendering, but the games seem to run smoothly as well based on the demos i've seen.

Yeah it costs a crap ton to publish though. Just to use the Tree Editor in a game it cost $5k. To publish a full game is like $500k I think.
Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
-Adolf Hitler

-JFK

I know the costs lol. It's like making a movie, you need to budget well to sell high and make profit over the expended price you put into it. You'd need to get your game out to a lot of people to make it worth the while.
I remember doing similar stuff when creating maps for halo back in the days. Tongue
You feel awesome when you create a great map and give it out to the public to use on their own servers.
Especially if you create secrets on the map and don't tell anyone.
[Image: burninglove4.png]
I already heard of it. It's looks very cool!
It's a lot easier than it looks too. I mean of course you can get in depth and do more detailed things, but the majority of it is pretty simple. The only thing I could never get to work properly was AI. They would always run around on a path or shoot randomly in the air... lolz
-Adolf Hitler

-JFK

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unreal Tournament 2004? Beano 1 490 06-03-2010, 08:56 AM
Last Post: cheeseburger