Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old People
I was thinking about this today.

When I go to college everything is going to change, but I'll still be a kid to my parents, I guess.

(I'm only 15).

So what makes you not a kid anymore?

I was thinking about how much it sucks for people in their 35-40+'s when they see kids having fun that they used to have, and then how much disrespect they get sometimes, but really it is just a little kid stuck in a big body, after studying my dad recently and my mom I noticed this.

Thoughts?
How many roads must a man walk down before you can call him a man? Tongue

I believe that honestly you cannot tell when you will "become a man". Through college you will find that you will just learn a lot, and meet a lot of people. I've only done a semester, and a summer semester though Smile.

You will learn when you go on, not when you wait for it. Enjoy your times when you're young, and plan on enjoying the entirety of your 20s. I know I will be.

I know people well beyond our ages that still have fun. I'm sure your parents still have fun. Just as you go along you gain more responsibilities and they will consume more time and happiness in life. It sucks, but you gain more than just "fun". You'll gain fulfillment.
Never really thought about my 20s, always just thought of College > Being 40 xD
Honestly, there is not answer set in stone, it's different for everyone else. Honestly, I believe I'll be called a man when I hit eighteen, or when I go to University.
Get my avatars here.
Honestly, you say Honestly, a lot.

Roflmao
(10-27-2010, 08:40 PM)The Elite Wrote: Honestly, there is not answer set in stone, it's different for everyone else. Honestly, I believe I'll be called a man when I hit eighteen, or when I go to University.

You contradicted yourself there though. You say there is no set stone to when you could be defined as a man in the people's eyes, or most importantly yourself, but you say when you turn 18 or go to college that will define you as a man.

Yes, definitely the state and country legally will define you as an adult. Does that consider you a man though? What does continual education have to do with this too? It's just the foresight that people think is true before you hit it.

The fact of the matter is you can become a man whenever you believe yourself to be a man. Ready to make your own decisions, and not live off other people's income and decisions.
When I am supposed to take care of a kid and I cant stand him most of the time . I begin to wonder how my parents survived while taking care of me .
I had to face the harsh reality of growing up. I have to get up early, go to work and help around the house allot more, pay rent. Things are expected of me that you never think about when you're at school.

Hold on and enjoy your school years. They go quickly.
I have never really thought about this topic, But when I walk the streets and I see people in there 50's the way they act is the same as we do.. But they look older, Some people still do things and have the same habits sometimes annoying ones that they had when they were 13,14,15 or even 16.

The pure fact is that the OP is absolutely correct, Even our older generation were once young adults like us and some of them even act like it Smile