Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firefox won't start in Windows explorer (or My Computer)
Hello,
I have installed Firefox and set it as default browser. Everything works fine, and actually I am very happy with it. But here's the problem: I am accustomed to enter a URL in window's address bar (like Windows Explorer or My Computer) which causes IE to run. So I wonder if there any way to launch Firefox in Windows Explorer (or My Computer)?
I tried following these rules: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116037 , but it didn't help to me. So if anyone knows the solution, I would be very thankful if you share it with me.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards.
Im sorry, im not a windows user so im not the best person to be giving you advice. I believe there is an additional default browser setting in the Control Panel which controls what other applications use as the default. I think its called something like default programs, but I'm unsure. and even if you do I cant guarantee that this will change the behavior of windows explorer, since both ie and windows explorer are deeply embedded in the operating system.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Web page won't load properly atce 1 1,201 11-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Last Post: atce
  Firefox won't browse pengyou 2 699 08-30-2007, 01:05 AM
Last Post: pengyou
  Firefox wont start but its been working fine before today gambithunt 1 535 08-27-2007, 09:19 AM
Last Post: FirefoxWiz
  Mozilla Drops Firefox Support for Windows 98 and Me Papa Spot 14 2,324 06-23-2006, 07:23 AM
Last Post: Protoman