Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need studying techniques.
I have my Grade 10 Science provincial(Canadian equivalent to
the SAT that America has, worth %20) in 2 weeks. I need
to know some good studying techniques. I've tried to sit down,
read the material but it hasn't worked thus far. I have taken all the
inclass notes and assignments but I just need a good way to study.
I'm willing to study up to 3 hours a day .

Thank you,

Spy
Lock your room door so no-one bothers you. Put the main light off but leave just a faded lamp at your desk, just enough so it's dark but you can still see your work. Put on some music, not loud bumpy pop music. Quiet, pleasant music such as the music from Braveheart. This is a good calm surrounding which will keep you focused and motivated. If your studying 3 hours a day, use up most of the time, perhaps 2 hours focusing on what you find the most difficult to take in, taking several breaks in between. Then use the remaining time to go over what you are most confident in. Would also be a good idea to drink plenty of water or even an energy drink to keep you on your toes. There will be plenty of better ideas I'm sure, but this is just something that has worked for me, worth a try anyway Smile
I think that the best way to study is by finding a studying partner, but this is a hard question to answer, because everyone studies in their own unique way.
What province is this? Also I highly doubt any Canadian standardized exam is equivalent to the SAT in difficulty lol.
I seriously suggest you look into Adderall. That is all I have to say.
Smile
[Image: jcXtui.png]
Best way to study is go to the libary
To get the most out of the test you really need to prepare studying. It may sound easy but trust me its easier said than done. You need to limit ANY type of distraction. Like many have said go into your room and lock your door. Make sure the room you pick is quiet and free of any random noises that could distract you. Turn off any TV, radio, music or computer. Try studying in 30 min intervals...after 30 min take a 5-10 min break. Try doing jumping jacks or pushups inbetween study sessions to get your blood pumping again. Some of my teachers have said eating chocolate helps your brain store more of what you studied.
just close the door of your room then start reading some good books or ebooks for your subjects.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are you studying/doing? Ignite. 21 1,973 12-11-2011, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Cyba
  Random Question/Discussion About Studying in General wtftwice 10 2,227 07-06-2011, 01:03 AM
Last Post: Bigandrewgold
  Studying For Chemistry blazendevil2 3 1,195 06-24-2011, 06:18 AM
Last Post: FaRLisLe
  Memorization Techniques SniperRiflezzzz 5 893 07-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Last Post: BRSteven
  [Tutorial]How to Stay Awake While Studying[Tutorial] Thomas 11 5,350 05-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Thomas