Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Search Engine
This is amazing. I love everything except the fact that you have to turn your firewall off. Great share nonetheless Thumbsup
(01-15-2011, 10:53 AM)Google. Wrote: This is amazing. I love everything except the fact that you have to turn your firewall off. Great share nonetheless Thumbsup

You can add it to firewall exception/allow list.

Great job OP. You might need to put a nice GUI because it looks plain. It has a lot of search engine that some I might not even know Thumbsup
The GUI really bugs me but still could be useful. Nice share.
I have a cool idea that could make this program really useful and convenient...

Create a program with no real main form (because a form isn't necessary) and a Notify Icon. In the notify icon, make a text box at the top and then a bunch of buttons for all the options. Then, assign all the values that you already have!

Then, on the form load, make the main form hide. Now, they have an easy to access custom search tool right in their system tray. It's easy to access and convenient!

Just an idea, though! Thumbsup

Your original source is really good though, besides the GUI that could be a bit better. Very good, nonetheless, though.
Nice program you have made there. It could have been better, but i've no skills in writing my own programs so i can't complain. Keep up the good work!
I think the GUI looks very good and there is a lot of options to search from, looks good
I honestly thing the GUI is horrible, try making a theme and maybe adding a sleek and stylish menu. Other than that, nice job.
The graphical user interface - The magnifying glasses looks bad when they repeat. You should just put one there. Overall, nice program.