Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-Installing Windows 7
Hey all!
I have had an 'icon problem' for a while and it seems nothing can fix it. It has come to my last option- re-installing Windows 7. What I would like to know is: Can I re-install Windows 7 without my files getting deleted (Pics, music, Download etc.) ?

All help appreceiated,
~101 Thumbsup
(12-07-2010, 10:28 PM)101 Wrote: Hey all!
I have had an 'icon problem' for a while and it seems nothing can fix it. It has come to my last option- re-installing Windows 7. What I would like to know is: Can I re-install Windows 7 without my files getting deleted (Pics, music, Download etc.) ?

All help appreceiated,
~101 Thumbsup

You would have to back-up all of your files. By this I mean get an external HD or Mass Memory Storage Device and save all files (pictures, documents, etc) that you want to keep. Then re-install your OS.

Either that or you could try a system restore, that way you get to keep your files, but it may not fix your problem.
[Image: idgjkO.png]
before you do that, you might want to check if your computers important files are working properly or if they are corrupted.

go into cmd.exe (command prompt)

type in: sfc /scannow

when the scan is finished it will tell you whether or not it found any errors.
Hey 101!! Nice to see you on SF! You could try saving your important files to an external hard drive/ usb then system restoring if nothing else works.
Thanks for heads up guys but i found a solution to my problem. No repair/installation required! Smile
[Image: iGvZI.png]
Could you please describe, what an "icon problem" is? We could help you with that instead of re-installing windows.
Member Count:1,585
Thread Count:9,626
RF is an off-topic, general chat forum where anything goes.
Complete these requirements and be 1st VIP member {click me}
(12-28-2010, 08:13 AM)101 Wrote: Thanks for heads up guys but i found a solution to my problem. No repair/installation required! Smile

(12-28-2010, 08:17 AM)Lava Wrote: Could you please describe, what an "icon problem" is? We could help you with that instead of re-installing windows.

It is solved already. But the thing i would like to know is that how did you actually solve it? Because if someone faces a problem similiar to yours we would have a answer to the problem and a way into fixing it.

Cheers,
J4mmy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DirectX Installing Help peter12321a 6 966 01-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Last Post: MineCrack
  Installing WoW on windows 7 QBANBOY407 8 895 11-03-2009, 12:36 AM
Last Post: QBANBOY407