Support Forums
Anonymous rep: like it or hate it? - Printable Version

+- Support Forums (https://www.supportforums.net)
+-- Forum: Support Forum Information (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Site News and Feedback (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Anonymous rep: like it or hate it? (/showthread.php?tid=5957)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Anonymous rep: like it or hate it? - Gone - 04-11-2010

(04-11-2010, 01:46 PM)hockeynut35 Wrote: Please refrain from anymore off topic posts.

Now who is trying to act like staff?

Imho, this thread is going nowhere. Omni has stated a few times before that it is staying. Rep abuse is going to exist if this mod is here or not. The only difference is that this way, little newbs who are like "OHZ NOEZ I GOT -REP, I WILL -REP BACK NOW!" Can't do that.

RE: Anonymous rep: like it or hate it? - hockeynut35 - 04-11-2010

(04-11-2010, 01:49 PM)41Shots Wrote: Now who is trying to act like staff?

Imho, this thread is going nowhere. Omni has stated a few times before that it is staying. Rep abuse is going to exist if this mod is here or not. The only difference is that this way, little newbs who are like "OHZ NOEZ I GOT -REP, I WILL -REP BACK NOW!" Can't do that.

Please use the private message function if you would like to discuss something with me. Do not spam my topic with your hormones.

(04-11-2010, 01:51 PM)hockeynut35 Wrote: Please use the private message function if you would like to discuss something with me. Do not spam my topic with your hormones.

I'm am not discussing. If you actually read my post, you'd see i actually posted something other then the first sentance. Amazing i know.

RE: Anonymous rep: like it or hate it? - Dii xOx - 04-11-2010

I don't think Anonymous reps are a bad thing actually. Some say it brings more rep abuse, but if you think about it, HF does not have Anonymous reps at all and they still have rep abuse. Just because it's anonymous to you, does not mean Staff can't see who repped you and you're still able to report it.

(04-11-2010, 01:53 PM)41Shots Wrote: I'm am not discussing. If you actually read my post, you'd see i actually posted something other then the first sentance. Amazing i know.
Another off topic. Post count whore.Oui

(04-11-2010, 01:53 PM)hockeynut35 Wrote: Another off topic. Post count whore.Oui

I'd watch you langauge, and no, i'm not. Not on this site at least, i spam on other sites. I am here to state my opinion, which you directly mislead the convo after a part in my. Which led me to respond, and then you to call that "off topic" When the OP himself, mislead the topic, so in reality, you are the one who started the offtopic posts, i am just merely responding to them, which i am fully entitled to do, because they are directed at me.

(04-11-2010, 01:53 PM)Samoshi Wrote: I don't think Anonymous reps are a bad thing actually. Some say it brings more rep abuse, but if you think about it, HF does not have Anonymous reps at all and they still have rep abuse. Just because it's anonymous to you, does not mean Staff can't see who repped you and you're still able to report it.

A valid point, but why have the staff bothered so much? And yes their is abuse on HF, and yes their will be rep abuse on this forum, but my point is i think anonymous rep encourages it.
(04-11-2010, 01:56 PM)41Shots Wrote: I'd watch you langauge, and no, i'm not. Not on this site at least, i spam on other sites. I am here to state my opinion, which you directly mislead the convo after a part in my. Which led me to respond, and then you to call that "off topic" When the OP himself, mislead the topic, so in reality, you are the one who started the offtopic posts, i am just merely responding to them, which i am fully entitled to do, because they are directed at me.

Shut the fawk up please.

(04-11-2010, 01:56 PM)hockeynut35 Wrote: A valid point, but why have the staff bothered so much? And yes their is abuse on HF, and yes their will be rep abuse on this forum, but my point is i think anonymous rep encourages it.

Actually as i stated before, it only encourages idiots to. And it stops little kids.
(04-11-2010, 01:56 PM)hockeynut35 Wrote:
(04-11-2010, 01:56 PM)41Shots Wrote: I'd watch you langauge, and no, i'm not. Not on this site at least, i spam on other sites. I am here to state my opinion, which you directly mislead the convo after a part in my. Which led me to respond, and then you to call that "off topic" When the OP himself, mislead the topic, so in reality, you are the one who started the offtopic posts, i am just merely responding to them, which i am fully entitled to do, because they are directed at me.

Shut the fawk up please.

Aren't we mature?

RE: Anonymous rep: like it or hate it? - Dii xOx - 04-11-2010

(04-11-2010, 01:56 PM)hockeynut35 Wrote: A valid point, but why have the staff bothered so much? And yes their is abuse on HF, and yes their will be rep abuse on this forum, but my point is i think anonymous rep encourages it.

Well, at the same time, you bring up a pretty good point. They shouldn't have to deal with some idiot rep abusing BUT that's what they're here for right? And yes, Anonymous rep would be an encouragement considering they think it's anonymous to everyone. Little do they know, it can be discovered. I don't know. I'm just stating obvious facts.

(04-11-2010, 02:06 PM)Samoshi Wrote: Well, at the same time, you bring up a pretty good point. They shouldn't have to deal with some idiot rep abusing BUT that's what they're here for right? And yes, Anonymous rep would be an encouragement considering they think it's anonymous to everyone. Little do they know, it can be discovered. I don't know. I'm just stating obvious facts.

It's almost as if we are trying to decide between the lesser of two evils.