Support Forums
Moderator Applications - Printable Version

+- Support Forums (https://www.supportforums.net)
+-- Forum: Support Forum Information (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Site News and Feedback (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Moderator Applications (/showthread.php?tid=41)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Moderator Applications - Microsoft - 12-12-2010

1. Are you at least 16 years old? Yes
2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X) PST -8
3. What's your internet connection speed? [Image: 1068259783.png]
4. What topics interest you most at SF? Video Gaming and Homework help
5. How many hours per week can you moderate? 10+
6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator? I will help SF as far as I could
7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties? Yes

RE: Moderator Applications - norradjer99™ - 12-12-2010

1. Are you at least 16 years old? No Sad
2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X) GMT - 4
3. What's your internet connection speed? 10MB
4. What topics interest you most at SF? Coding, Virus Infection, Graphics, Webmaster
5. How many hours per week can you moderate? Weekdays - 3:30 PM - 9PM Weekends - 9AM - 10PM
6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator? Assist members, Check post reports and remove reported posts if needed, enforce rules, keep spamming and flaming out of the forum Smile
7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties? Yes, I can perform them properly and not be biased, favoritism, etc.

RE: Moderator Applications - New Reply - 12-12-2010

1. Are you at least 16 years old?
2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X)
GMT-5
3. What's your internet connection speed?
Pretty decent
4. What topics interest you most at SF?
Lobby topics, or coding,,
5. How many hours per week can you moderate?
Im on 17-22 hours a day 7days a week

6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator?
Keep the rules highly controlled so far as double posting, flaming, infected links, and unallowed objects, topics. ..
7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties?
Yes i am, always high on topic

RE: Moderator Applications - Quentin B. - 12-12-2010

Technically, no. I am turning 16 on January 5th, 2011, but I've been told I don't quite act my age. Meaning, I act older, not younger.

GMT -5

5mbps

Either the Computer Help section, or the Emotional Support section. I particularly enjoy helping people with the latter, as I've had much experience doing that with friends.

Around 4-5 hours per DAY. Yes, I have no life; I know.

Helping people out, reducing spam, flaming, etc, and stopping any fights that go on in the sections I moderate.

Unless the person is completely moronic, yes. I've had to deal with quite stupid users in the past, and I've fared quite well.

RE: Moderator Applications - Albanian - 12-12-2010

1. Are you at least 16 years old? Yes, 19
2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X) Eastern, Michigan, US
4. What topics interest you most at SF? Site News and Feedback.
5. How many hours per week can you moderate? Around 20 hours.
6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator? Stay active with the forums, I also put supportforums.net as my homepage, so I don't become inactive.
7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties? Yes.

Thank You,
`Albania

RE: Moderator Applications - Katz - 12-13-2010

Yes, i am currently 20 years old.

GMT ( England )

[Image: 1069410021.png]

Pets and Animals & Emotional Support

I am normally on from around 9:00AM till about 8:00PM depending on the day, i am on from 9-8 weekdays and weekends im on from about 13:00PM till about 10:00PM

The way i would untilze my time as a moderator would be to take very good care of the section i would be assigned to, i would respond to thread and PM's as fast as i possibly can & give the best and accurate responce i can, i have a ferm hand when it comes down to it but i am also very understanding when it comes to reason.

I am keep a very level head when it comes to it, i can be ferm but fail listening to everyones point of view and taking care of the situation as it develops.

RE: Moderator Applications - Peter L - 12-19-2010

No, I am fourteen but personally feel age should not reflect on maturity in my case(not all cases, just mine)

GMT-5
[Image: 1077498058.png]

It's nearly everything I enjoy except biking. The areas I am most knowledgeable in are:
Emotional Support - I have a high self-esteem worked up from issues I had in the past and I can help other users get to where I am in confidence.
Video Gaming - I'm just a gamer, too much to write here for this haha.
PC Hardware Help and Desktop Support - I've had many issues with computers that I fixed on my own which has given me the knowledge and experience to benefit others in this area and create discussions.
Money Making Online - I'm naturally good at this. I average around $200 per month and am fourteen years old so that's good for me. This is generated from my ebook sales, forum donations, and my e-mail list affiliate marketing.
Forum Software Help - I've been using MyBB for two years and it is my favorite forum software, and can offer assistance in this area as well.
SEO, Marketing, and Website Promotion - I have basic knowledge and a good understanding of how SEO works. I'm good with getting a website's name out there through various methods.

These are the areas that interest me most.

On Monday-Friday around 4-5, and on weekends depending on my schedule and the season around 6-7. I'll go with 42 hours per week.

I'd make my experience here the best for me and others. I'd browse the board just as I do now, offering support and contributing to discussions. The plus side is, now when I see an issue I do not need to report it to someone, I'll have the ability to take care of it myself in a quicker manner.

Of course. I have a lot of experience as a moderator and have moderated forums much bigger than Support Forums. The first forum that comes to mind is Se7ensins. I was a moderator of the Halo: Reach section upon the games launch. I can deal with issues swiftly with the least amount of confusion and conflict due to my interpersonal intelligence. Here is a list of my experience:

Se7ensins - Moderator
HolyMods - Moderator
OverDosed Gaming - Moderator
Gamebattles - Referee of the Black Op Xbox 360 Ladder
Grim Gaming - Owner; 1,500 members then closed down.
Halo Chiefs - Owner; 6,000 members then died.
Ripstik - Moderator of the offical ripstik forums by Razor.

That's all I can think of at the moment, thanks for reviewing my application.

RE: Moderator Applications - Girp - 12-21-2010

1. Are you at least 16 years old?:Rather not say
2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X):Eastern
3. What's your internet connection speed?:Slow,stupid comcast
4. What topics interest you most at SF?:Hard to choose
5. How many hours per week can you moderate?100 hours atleast
6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator?:Explain
7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties?:Yes

RE: Moderator Applications - PinZ - 12-21-2010

1. Are you at least 16 years old? 20 Years Old
2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X) New Zealand
3. What's your internet connection speed? Full speed
4. What topics interest you most at SF? Every topic, love helping members.
5. How many hours per week can you moderate? All day, everyday.
6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator? To help keep the forums tidy.
7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties? Yes.

RE: Moderator Applications - FiLTHY - 12-21-2010

1. Are you at least 16 years old? Yes
2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X) Mountain Time USA
3. What's your internet connection speed? Download: 10mb/s Upload:1.5mb/s
4. What topics interest you most at SF? Website Development, PHP, C++ Development.
5. How many hours per week can you moderate? 2-4 hours a day on weekdays 5-8 on Weekends.
6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator? Helping make SF the best forum it can be, and always helping the SF members.
7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties? Yes, I have a very optimistic outlook on life and will always be able to keep a clear head.