Support Forums
Moderator Applications - Printable Version

+- Support Forums (https://www.supportforums.net)
+-- Forum: Support Forum Information (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Site News and Feedback (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Moderator Applications (/showthread.php?tid=41)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Moderator Applications - ţąŋņęŗžịọņ™ - 04-11-2010

1. Are you at least 16 years old? No

2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X) GMT -5

3. What's your internet connection speed?
[Image: 779115830.png]

4. What topics interest you most at SF?
Computers, technology, movies, TV shows, graphics tutorials, and a nice managed community.

5. How many hours per week can you moderate?
Most likely 3 hours for at least 4 days a week, probably around 14 hours total.

6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator?
Finding and deleting spam, low quality threads, and I also enjoy reviewing scam reports.

7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties?
Yes, I used to have a bad temper, but nowadays(due to my bully-of-a-sister) I can ignore most anything.

RE: Moderator Applications - TØχiςated™ - 04-11-2010

1. Are you at least 16 years old?
No I am not. I am 14 soon to be 15.
2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X)?
-8 Pacific Time
3. What's your Internet connection speed?
3mb-6mb. I may provide some proof if needed
VB.NET Coding, PC Hardware Help and Desktop Support, Virus Infection and Trojan Assistance.
5-8 hours.
I would make sure the forum completely safe from spam, illegal actions, flamming, unnecessary replies on post. I would maintain a mature attitude & assist any members with any problems they might have, no matter how big or small the situation is.
Most definitely yes, I feel as I am able to use my experiences moderating forums. I love this forum and want to keep this forum in spam free, illegal activities free, flamming and unnecessary posts free. I hope I am able to use my skills for what is good.

RE: Moderator Applications - 1337Inj3ct0r - 04-11-2010

1. Are you at least 16 years old? No. Unfortunetly I'm only 14. For me age Is only a number. Peoples tell me that I'm more mature than a grown up. A 14 Years old boy can be just as mature as an 18 years old.
2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X) +2GMT Copenhagen,Denmark.
3. What's your internet connection speed? Ping 21ms. Download : 5,68. Upload : 0.58
4. What topics interest you most at SF? Well, the lounge interests me. (Lol) And i like being In the emotional help subforum.
But tbh, If i became mod, i wouldn't post so much. I would rather just keep an eye on the things.
5. How many hours per week can you moderate? per week, 5-6 Hours per day, 5+6=11, 11+5 = 16, 16+6 = 22, 22+ 5= 27 (And In the weekends, 7-8 = 27+7 = 34, 34+8 = 42 42 Hours or so.
6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator? I would keep an eye on the things, make sure that nothing Is wrong, no infected links, no flaming, no fights, no post's that is against the rules, and such.
Well, i would be able to use my experience and knownledge about moderating forums, with myBB Admin.
I can't say that i love the forum.
But I love Hackforums, and will defenetly support Omniscient ( You ) In every actions.
Tbh, i don't think the moderator should be someone that loved the forum, ( Someone that posts much and such. )
The reason Is that they would spend more time being on the forum, and posting.
Than checking everything Is okay.
(My opinion.)
Well.
It's ur call Omni Smile.

RE: Moderator Applications - Poppins - 04-11-2010

Yes
2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X)
GMT+/- 0
79MBPS Download, 1MBPS upload according to speedtest.net
Computer and Virus removal.
Around 40ish
I would organize my time and prioritise in a good manner in order to accomplish the tasks that need completing first.
Yes I have been told I have great leadership skills and have been trying my best to help out around HF.

RE: Moderator Applications - T0x1c - 04-11-2010

Yes
GMT-7
4mb - 5mb, depending on time of day. If you would like an exact speed i am willing to post it.
*Microsoft help
*Computer hardware help
*Graphics and Photoshop
*Will help out with webmaster were i can. I have a basic knowledge of HTML.
30-40. Will get on whenever i can.
If i were to become a moderator for Support Forums i would help out were ever i can, try to put a stop to reputation abuse and post spamming, help solve deputes between members and keep flaming to a minimum.
Yes. I know i would be a great moderator and always make the wise choice. I am also confident that my dedication to the task and willingness to learn will help me grow and make Support Forums a better place for members and visiting users.

RE: Moderator Applications - Unwanted - 04-14-2010

I didn't want to apply because of the low amount of posts I have contributed, but it's worth a shot.

Are you at least 16 years old?
I am 16 years old.

What time zone are you in?
GMT

What's your internet connection speed?
It changes from time to time, sometimes it's at 2 MB, sometimes it's at 5.

What topics interest you most at SF?
Website Development, Web Server Support and Setup Help, Video Gaming

How many hours per week can you moderate?
6-10 hours a day, 30-50 hours a week.

How would you utilize your time as a moderator?
I would keep the forums in an orderly fasion (by this I mean, removing flame posts, spam posts and unneeded replies.) I am a friendly person and I would try to help people out and find solution to a problem no matter how big the problem is.

Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties?
Absolutely, I believe that I can moderate your forums in a professional manner while keeping the all important fun involved.

If you have any other questions you would like me to answer please do not hesitate to contact me via PM or email, thanks.

RE: Moderator Applications - Lin - 04-14-2010

15, Almost
GMT -7 hours
8mbps
I honestly like all sections that aren't related to the gaming.
5. How many hours per week can you moderate?56
I would read through as much topics in the new topic board consistently assuring that no rules are being broken. I will try my best not to be strict but yet take my position as moderator seriously. I do joke, but am not going to just let anything go.
Yes as I said with the previous question. I will take my job very seriously.

RE: Moderator Applications - phire nuk3r - 04-14-2010

Yes im 30
GMT +1
10mb
Virus Infection and Computer Security
At least 42 hours per week
Keeping the rules enforced, whilst contributing as much as i can to SF
I all ways keep my calm, getting pissy never helps

RE: Moderator Applications - Carb0n F1ber - 04-14-2010

Yes, I'm 28

GMT +3:00

5 mbps

Computer support, virus and malware removal, emotional support

Almost 16 hours per day, making to 112 hours per week

Go around reading each and every thread, trying to clean up mess, spaming, flamings, n stuff. Helping out members in which ever area I am expertized. Solving disputes over PM's if need be. In short, ensuring that the other members have a wonderful experiance here at SF

Well, I usually never ever flame, my profile on HF with almost 1000 posts will say that. And I'm almost 99% fair when it comes to job and professionalism. So guess you can count on me Smile

RE: Moderator Applications - Heli0s - 04-15-2010

Yes, I'll be 21 in July.

GMT -8

Most, if not all, of my activity on here is done while I'm at my office at the University I work at and attend. I'm on campus from 8am to 10pm every single weekday and the majority of that time is spent in the office. Last speed test on a server from San Francisco was 92-72 from there. I can show you the Speedtest results if you'd like. At home, it's around 3-1 and that's with 3 computers and an Xbox connected.

Speedtest result

Media Moguls and Video Gaming. I spend a lot of time in Emotional Support as well.

I can moderate at all times between 8am and 10pm except from 12pm to 1pm and 6 to 7:30 (only on Mondays and Wednesdays), so I'll go ahead and say 8-10 hours a day, which makes around 56 to 70 hours a week. Those exceptions are the hours I'm in class. Saturdays and Sundays, I'm available from the afternoon on.

I would bring a civilized, honest, and fair authority to this forum and it's vastly growing community. Since I spend almost all of my time reviewing new posts and threads, and checking where I could add my opinion and help a member out, I would now keep a lookout for any suspicious comments or threads (or even members) that seem inappropriate, out-of-line, or just simply in the wrong section.

I strongly believe so. My student lab technician job requires that I keep the same exact attitude you ask for with lab assistants that work for me, as well as thousands (9000+) of students, staff, and faculty members, whom I support and assist every day. I feel that I can bring that very form of professionalism to this forum as a moderator, and I'm positive you won't be dissatisfied.