Support Forums
Moderator Applications - Printable Version

+- Support Forums (https://www.supportforums.net)
+-- Forum: Support Forum Information (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Site News and Feedback (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Moderator Applications (/showthread.php?tid=41)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Moderator Applications - -=[CyberHR]=- - 10-20-2009

1. Are you at least 16 years old? y 22
2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X) GMT +2
3. What's your internet connection speed?
[Image: 598046449.png]
4. What topics interest you most at SF? Laptop and Nootebook, PC Hardware Help and Desktop Support,Microsoft Support
5. How many hours per week can you moderate? 60h
6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator? Simple: Searching for rulebreakers and repair what he damaged Smile
7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties? Yes, but i have limit Smile

RE: Moderator Applications - manipulate - 10-20-2009

1. Are you at least 16 years old?
No I am not, but I believe that age doesn't necessarily matter, I have seen 12 year old guys/girls with a higher maturity level than most 16+ people here.

2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X)
GMT+8 - It is good to have moderators all around the world; so they can moderate the forum 24/7 - if all your moderators are in...the US for example; people in other timezones could cause havoc when all of the moderators are asleep, I think moot has the same problem with 4chan ;).

Not impressive, it IS high for my country though - Around 350kB down and 500 up.

4. What topics interest you most at SF?
I'm really into Linux/UNIX, Programming (Specifically Perl and PHP) and I an very knowledgeable in most computer/tech-related subjects.

5. How many hours per week can you moderate?
It really depends, four hours a day maximum; there's always weekends, though.

6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator?
I am big on low-quality posts and spamming; I am a bit of a grammar Nazi but I'll just have to let that go - I am really sick of 'hacker' discussion so I would look for that as well. I will still remain an active user of the forum - being a moderator doesn't mean you stop posting.

7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties?
Yes.

RE: Moderator Applications - EquiNoX - 10-21-2009

Will Be as of this December
GMT -5, EST
right now? 1.0 Mbps, varies time to time
PC Hardware/Desktop Support;Microsoft Support;Networking/Wifi/Internet Connection Help;Video Gaming
As many as I am Needed for, but usually between 10-12 Hours a Day
Helping to Maintain the Site by:Closing old threads, deleting threads against site rules, taking necessary action against unruly members, Reading through Suggestions and Reported posts to solve problems and help make the site a positive, ever growing community
Aye, that I am

p.s I have no posts here yet, but I am on another Witza forum, if you would like, you can check the quality and helpfulness of my posts there

RE: Moderator Applications - Riverthief - 10-21-2009

1. Are you at least 16 years old? Yes.
2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X) GMT +10
3. What's your Internet connection speed? I have a 1500/256 DSL connection. About 160kb/sec down and 24kb/sec up. Also, I'm paying $70 a month for it.Omg
4. What topics interest you most at SF?Microsoft Support, Linux, FreeBSD, and Unix, Virus Infection and Computer Security, and Visual Basic and the .NET Framework.
5. How many hours per week can you moderate? Around 60-70 hours a week or so.
6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator? Keeping spam, flaming, and pointless posts to a minimum, helping other members and making sure everyone knows what to do and what not to do.
7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties? Yes, I can. I'd rather have friends on here, not a bunch of people that hate me.

RE: Moderator Applications - NekoChan - 10-25-2009

1. Are you at least 16 years old? Yes.
2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X) GMT +2
3. What's your Internet connection speed?[Image: 602870025.png]
4. What topics interest you most at SF?Graphics, Virus Infection and Computer Security, Networking, Wifi, and Internet Connection Help, Omni's Secret Hidden Inside Tricks.
5. How many hours per week can you moderate? Almoust every hour after school.
6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator? Help new members around, warn low quality posters and ofc world peace.
7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties? Yes, I can.

RE: Moderator Applications - heretician - 10-26-2009

Ahhh.. Why not.. if Skill can be a Mod so can I! ;)

Quote:1. Are you at least 16 years old?

1.)
Will be 20 tomorrow ;) (10/27)

2.)
EST, Cincinnati

3.)
Extremely fast Cable. I pay them more for their uh.. "Better version of high speed"

4.)
Networking, Wifi, and Internet Connection Help - Went to college for a year for Cisco-Specialized Networking, so this forum is really part of my expertise as well as Business is.

Money Making and Finances / Money Making Online - Going to college for my MBA currently, so these are quite a nice of forums for me to hang around in.

Video Gaming - Been a gamer mah whole life ;)

Omni's Secret Hidden Inside Tricks - Who doesn't love Off-Topic?!?! Although this board has quite a lot of forums that cover quite a lot of topics, not leaving much for the forum. But it is obviously utilizedd

5.)
Hard to say, as most others know, although in a guess of average.. 20?

6.)
Moderating ;) Just kiddding. -- I would utilize my time supporting the forum more-so than moderating it -- in my own perspective. That is what this forum is for. Although yes, I will also spend my time (when neccessary) moving, deleting, or issuing warnings. I am not that strict of a person -- it seems you already have a strict Moderator.. But I am cool... But then again you have Skill to be the cool moderator =( I'm intelligent and I got that awesome college swagger? Hehe.

RE: Moderator Applications - Psinetic - 10-29-2009

Yes, 23 in January

GMT +9 in Japan

http://www.speedtest.net/result/605969108.png

Computer Support - Hardware and Software

Depends on my job, I'm active duty military

Solving and resolving "support tickets" as per se from other members. Managing groups.

I've taken a heart-to-heart since my last moderator position and have changed quite a bit as far as I can see. It's taken alot of work on my end, rightfully so, and hope that I could perform better if given another chance.

RE: Moderator Applications - Yoshi - 11-04-2009

1. Are you at least 16 years old? : Yes im currently 17

2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X) : GMT + 10 ( Australia )

3. What's your internet connection speed? : 4 - 6 mb/s ( It varies )

4. What topics interest you most at SF? : I am most interested in Programing ( Python and VB.Net ), The Video Gaming section because when your felling stressed talking about gaming and topics i enjoy loosens and cools me down, and Omni's Secret Hidden Inside Tricks as it is sometimes a good laugh.

5. How many hours per week can you moderate? : On average 15 - 25, I can be on about 3-5 hours a day but on weekends about 8-10 hours.

6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator? : I would keep the forums clean of Spam, Flaming Posts, Illegal or Hacking related posts.
I would Edit Posts that may be lacking in a bit of grammar, explain the situation and the offense to an offender in the nicest way possible to ensure it does not happen again.
I would post all knowledge i know and learn to ensure other members have the chance to learn.

7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties? : Well i certainly couldn't promise that i would never lose my temper but if i did it would be taken out on know one

RE: Moderator Applications - Rawkfist - 11-05-2009

UPDATED

1. Are you at least 16 years old? 29
2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X)GMT-4
3. What's your internet connection speed?[Image: 613618111.png]
4. What topics interest you most at SF?All of them
5. How many hours per week can you moderate?I can pull off around 40-50 for now, more in the future
6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator?controlling spam, keeping the peace and increasing quality
7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties?Yes. I have found out long ago IRL that anger solves nothing and have therefore learned to control it.

RE: Moderator Applications - Panda - 11-05-2009

You may know me as Proxy.

Yes, I'll turn 17 in a while.

GMT +1.

Download: 2.12 Mb/s.
Upload: 0.32 Mb/s.

Since I'm interested in psychology "Emotional Support" seems to be one of the most interesting sections at the moment. I'm also interested in "Linux, FreeBSD, and Unix", "Networking, Wifi, and Internet Connection Help" and "Virus Infection and Computer Security".

I would probably be able to pull off 4-5 hours during work-days, unless I have some major exam.

I would try to help the community out and focus on answering already posted topics/questions, instead of making alot of tutorials. Of course I'd try to make a tutorial if anyone requested that. I would try to keep an eye out for low-quality posts and possible trolling, hacking and scamming attempts.

Yes, I believe I am. I would try not to make any actions unless it's necessary.

I do understand if you don't want to assign someone who hasn't been around for more than a day, but I just want you to know that I am willing to give you support. Thanks for reading.