Support Forums
Upgrading to MyBB 1.8 - Printable Version

+- Support Forums (https://www.supportforums.net)
+-- Forum: Support Forum Information (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Site News and Feedback (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Upgrading to MyBB 1.8 (/showthread.php?tid=28866)

Pages: 1 2

Upgrading to MyBB 1.8 - Omniscient - 10-21-2014

So I'm attempting to upgrade us to MyBB 1.8. I've deactivated all plugins and reverted us to default template.

We'll see how this goes.

RE: Upgrading to MyBB 1.8 - Metapod - 10-21-2014

Nice. Always good to see updates, what's the reason for the update?

RE: Upgrading to MyBB 1.8 - Omniscient - 10-21-2014

Well I'm working to revive the site and using it also as a test for upgrading my other sites to 1.8x. I need to start becoming more familiar with it anyways. Unfortunately I don't have a ton of faith that it's secure yet so this is likely going to be the only site I move until maybe 1.8.3 or 1.8.4. Usually those are more stable releases with good security patches.

RE: Upgrading to MyBB 1.8 - Reptar - 10-21-2014

(10-21-2014, 02:35 PM)Omniscient Wrote: Well I'm working to revive the site and using it also as a test for upgrading my other sites to 1.8x. I need to start becoming more familiar with it anyways. Unfortunately I don't have a ton of faith that it's secure yet so this is likely going to be the only site I move until maybe 1.8.3 or 1.8.4. Usually those are more stable releases with good security patches.

Sounds good!

What features does this new update come with?

We'll find out all the updates. It's probably worth it just to be updated to branch. I've also removed Awards and all custom groups. It's almost like a fresh start.

RE: Upgrading to MyBB 1.8 - Aura - 10-21-2014

I just got on the website and thought I mistyped the address.
A fresh start looks really nice, can't see what it'll give.
Also, I guess you can use SF to experiment MyBB 1.8 with all the updates and see if there's things on here you could upgrade/update on HF Smile

(10-21-2014, 03:06 PM)Aura Wrote: I just got on the website and thought I mistyped the address.
Also, I guess you can use SF to experiment MyBB 1.8 with all the updates and see if there's things on here you could upgrade/update on HF Smile

Exactly. Should make the process for the eventual move on HF. Gonna be a long process.

RE: Upgrading to MyBB 1.8 - Frostix - 10-21-2014

(10-21-2014, 02:58 PM)Omniscient Wrote: We'll find out all the updates. It's probably worth it just to be updated to branch. I've also removed Awards and all custom groups. It's almost like a fresh start.

Any ideas on what the new awards will be? I'm really liking the freshness of everything.

Hopefully SF can get a more modern look like HF got.

RE: Upgrading to MyBB 1.8 - Reptar - 10-21-2014

(10-21-2014, 03:17 PM)Omniscient Wrote:
(10-21-2014, 03:06 PM)Aura Wrote: I just got on the website and thought I mistyped the address.

Exactly. Should make the process for the eventual move on HF.  Gonna be a long process.

Haha, people would cry so hard about that reputation it'll cause an uproar of fits.

RE: Upgrading to MyBB 1.8 - Aura - 10-21-2014

The new look is clean as hell, I like it. So this is MyBB 1.8 eh?