Support Forums
HD PVR / Capture Card - Printable Version

+- Support Forums (https://www.supportforums.net)
+-- Forum: Categories (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+--- Forum: Life Support (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Video Gaming (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=47)
+---- Thread: HD PVR / Capture Card (/showthread.php?tid=25238)

Pages: 1 2

HD PVR / Capture Card - Load - 02-19-2012

I'm not massive into making gameplay videos, but a while back I purchased a Hauppauge HD PVR and I've been pretty happy with the video quality it produces. However, ever since I bought it I've noticed a slight lag from when I push on the controller to when I move ingame. To the eye it's completely un-noticeable, but when I'm playing Call of Duty online and every millisecond counts, I can definitely feel the difference from when it's plugged in and when it's not.

Has anyone else got a HHDPVR or any other Capture Card? And is anyone else having a similar problem? (or know of a fix)

Also if you have a different capture card and believe its better than the HHDPVR, please post which capture card you're using and why it's better.

(my HDPVR is directly connected to a 42" Samsung LED TV using the component cables that came with the PVR)

Thanks

RE: HD PVR / Capture Card - BreShiE - 02-19-2012

I have a Dazzle DVC 100 and it's the same with me. To be honest, if you think about it, it's obviously that it'll happen. It's normal, nothing wrong with it so just play with a TV rather than watching your PC screen.

RE: HD PVR / Capture Card - Pointz - 02-19-2012

Are you sure that the PVR is actually working fine, but your render setting might need to be tweaked a little bit?

For the most part, I don't think your PVR would just become laggy, it would be the rendering first.

RE: HD PVR / Capture Card - Load - 02-20-2012

Thanks for the responses guys.

I was referring to the lag from the Xbox -> PVR -> TV, not the lag from the Xbox -> PVR -> PC.

When I play Call of Duty online with the Xbox going through the PVR I get a few milliseconds lag, whereas when I play with the Xbox connected to the TV via HDMI I don't get any lag at all.

RE: HD PVR / Capture Card - ///ViNcE - 02-20-2012

That's because the feed is shooting up through the PVR then wherever, your bumming unless you have output that records from after the TV.

RE: HD PVR / Capture Card - Load - 02-20-2012

(02-20-2012, 04:59 PM)///ViNcE Wrote: That's because the feed is shooting up through the PVR then wherever, your bumming unless you have output that records from after the TV.

Hmm, that's an idea. I'm not sure if I can do after the TV, but I might be able to do two at the same time.

I was thinking, if I connect the output of the Xbox to AV splitters, one to the TV and one to the PVR, it wouldn't have to run through the PVR first and I shouldn't get any lag.

Thanks

RE: HD PVR / Capture Card - BreShiE - 02-26-2012

(02-20-2012, 04:18 AM)Load Wrote: Thanks for the responses guys.

I was referring to the lag from the Xbox -> PVR -> TV, not the lag from the Xbox -> PVR -> PC.

When I play Call of Duty online with the Xbox going through the PVR I get a few milliseconds lag, whereas when I play with the Xbox connected to the TV via HDMI I don't get any lag at all.

I haven't noticed that with mine, for me it just makes my screen duller.

RE: HD PVR / Capture Card - BlackHatGuy - 02-26-2012

Its probably because there is another processing in between, and it would take some time, even a few milliseconds , the time to process the signal would be small and slight noticeable, so it's pretty much normal.

RE: HD PVR / Capture Card - ISO_ - 02-29-2012

You make me fear ! I plan to buy the Hauppage HDPVR Gaming edition next month and as I used to be a computer gamers I'm very sensitive about lag , is it really annoying ?

RE: HD PVR / Capture Card - Load - 02-29-2012

It's not too annoying, just noticeable if you're a real lag-whore.

Example of a "lag-whore" would be a close friend of mine, he's got;
(MLG Approved) Asus VH236H 23in WSLCD 1920x1080
Monster M1000HD HDMI Ultimate High Speed cable
Wired Xbox360 Controller