Support Forums
Force read rules - Printable Version

+- Support Forums (https://www.supportforums.net)
+-- Forum: Support Forum Information (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Site News and Feedback (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Force read rules (/showthread.php?tid=24181)

Pages: 1 2 3

Force read rules - DAMINKā„¢ - 12-30-2011

Would it not be a good idea to force new users to read a thread before being able to post to let them know the rules of support forums?
Perhaps a secondary type reg page to make sure they know?
To many users state Hi im from HF. This should be an auto warn just because its one of the primary rules. Might as well say hi im a C unt. (sorry but i had to) No difference. Its one of the rules and should not be broken without atleast a warn.
Also if a feather chaser arrives they will then understand clearly the new rules about the feather and sams role.
But finally to stop all the chat about HF.
Honestly SF does not need the constant......
Hi im from HF...... No your not allowed to talk about HF etc etc.
Should be clear cut. You discuss HF on SF then your warned.
Do it 3 times your banned.
SF needs to seperate from the stigma it has from HF.
Ironically i know HF is a beast forum and one to rival most any.... BUT
Support forums is support forums and we must all abide by the rules.
This rule is to often not either read or adhered to.
I know people know people and want to let mates know they are here.
Sure i got no problem with that.
But do that via PM simple.
Just my thoughts. Delete the thread staff if you think its not appropriate.

RE: Force read rules - Prince - 12-30-2011

Should be a good idea , people will get to know about SF before making their post and it will surely make SF even a better a place to be.
Let's see what Omni has got to say here.

RE: Force read rules - King - 12-30-2011

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts today, I also believe now is as good a time as any to see Support Forums find its independence. I agree, I can't stand all this HF bullshit. When will SF get its own identity?

RE: Force read rules - Fragma - 12-30-2011

Great idea Damink. It would be a small change that could potentially make a lot of difference.

RE: Force read rules - AceInfinity - 12-30-2011

If they are forced, I still doubt people are going to read them, they might skim through them, so they would have to be short and to the point. But anything past that I see someone just closing the window and opening a forum link elsewhere.

RE: Force read rules - Juicy Booty - 12-30-2011

I suggested that new members (On HF) <--- Please don't get mad about that. (I am just trying to say something.

I suggested that they would need to read the rules before anything and take a 5 or 10 question (Easy) quiz on what it said, that way members would actually read them.

There would be a need for a lot more explanation then what I just said, but that is the basics, is that what you are trying to say here?

RE: Force read rules - Fragma - 12-30-2011

(12-30-2011, 04:31 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: If they are forced, I still doubt people are going to read them, they might skim through them, so they would have to be short and to the point. But anything past that I see someone just closing the window and opening a forum link elsewhere.

Yeh most probably will skim through them, or skip them all together, however I think even if a small minority do read them, then it's a step in the right direction. I think it's also a good idea for members who aren't even here for the HF award. The rules are something everybody should be familiar with on a forum, so having it as the first thing you see when you register would be pretty useful. I know whenever I register to a forum, the first thing I like to do is check the rules out, as they're always different on every forum. That's not to see what I can get away with, more what the forum expects of its members.

RE: Force read rules - AceInfinity - 12-30-2011

(12-30-2011, 05:25 PM)Fragma Wrote: Yeh most probably will skim through them, or skip them all together, however I think even if a small minority do read them, then it's a step in the right direction. I think it's also a good idea for members who aren't even here for the HF award. The rules are something everybody should be familiar with on a forum, so having it as the first thing you see when you register would be pretty useful. I know whenever I register to a forum, the first thing I like to do is check the rules out, as they're always different on every forum. That's not to see what I can get away with, more what the forum expects of its members.

You do notice as how everyone seems to relate issues and fixes and/or updates to the feather award though somehow? That should be a good enough indication that others notice it's a problem as well.

But what you say is agreeable enough too.

RE: Force read rules - King - 12-30-2011

What about a simple forum announcement drawing specific attention to the rules associated with the Support Feather award? Please often read announcements. Unfortunately, that would be drawing more attention to HF. I don't think we're going to win this one...

RE: Force read rules - Sam - 12-31-2011

Maybe a first step would be to actually get "Don't talk about HF" in the site rules thread...