Support Forums
The Writers Guild [Now Recruiting] - Printable Version

+- Support Forums (https://www.supportforums.net)
+-- Forum: Categories (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+--- Forum: Groups (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+---- Forum: Group Recruiting (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=79)
+---- Thread: The Writers Guild [Now Recruiting] (/showthread.php?tid=20676)

Pages: 1 2

The Writers Guild [Now Recruiting] - BlackChaos - 07-20-2011

[Image: writersguilddeaheader.png]

[Image: writersguild.png]

The Writers Guild is a group of the worthy. Only those who showcase the talent, the passion and the heart for writing are allowed to enter the annals of this group. We do not discriminate people by the basis of their color, religion or gender, but by the words they pen and the words they speak.
We accept only dedicated members into the group. Those who are active in the many sections on Support Forums, and mainly the Creative Writing section.

[Image: aim.png]
The members of The Writers Guild aim to provide quality contributions to the Creative Writing section as well as the other sections by writing guides, tutorials, stories, poems, and other literary works.

[Image: requiremnts.png]
  • You must have more than 100 posts
  • You must have some degree of knowledge or experience in writing
  • You must be an active member in the Creative Writing section. This rule can be overlooked if you have posted more than 3 guides or tutorials on SF
  • The ability to express your thoughts well through your words.
  • Must be able to converse in English and must have proper grammar.

[Image: leaders.png]
BlackChaos

[Image: members-1.png]
Coding Support
Mr. Kewl

[Image: application.png]
All applications must be posted on the thread. Do not PM me the application.

Name:
Your contributions to the Creative Writing section:
Your contributions to Support Forums:
Why you want to join The Writers Guild:
Will you be active in the Creative Writing section?:
Do you plan to post more tutorials, guides, etc.?:

Code:
[color=#FF9900][b]Name:[/b][/color]
[color=#FF9900][b]Age:[/b][/color]
[color=#FF9900][b]Highest level of Education:[/b][/color]
[color=#FF9900][b]Your contributions to the Creative Writing section:[/b][/color]
[color=#FF9900][b]Your contributions to Support Forums:[/b][/color]
[color=#FF9900][b]Why you want to join The Writers Guild:[/b][/color]
[color=#FF9900][b]Will you be active in the Creative Writing section?:[/b][/color]
[color=#FF9900][b]Do you plan to post more tutorials, guides, etc.?:[/b][/color]

[Image: other.png]
  • Inactivity will not be tolerated. Send the leader a message if you plan to be inactive for more than a week.
  • Do not PM a leader regarding your application. We will sort through each one carefully and a list of accepted and refused members will be posted periodically.
  • You may apply as many times as you wish if your application was rejected. But do not post the exact same application. You will end up being denied once again.
  • If you have any questions regarding the group, applications or other queries, you are more than welcome to post them here.

RE: The Writers Guild [Now Recruiting] - Chef - 07-20-2011

Good luck to all future members.

I'm not a writer so I won't be trying out. Confused

But since this is the first reply, people will see this for years and years when SF is still alive.

Bebe-pleure

RE: The Writers Guild [Now Recruiting] - Coding Support - 07-22-2011

Name:Jacob(Coding Support)
Highest level of Education:High School(Going into grade 11)
Your contributions to the Creative Writing section:Not many, tutorials in different sections.
Your contributions to Support Forums:MANY Tutorials, and HQ posts.
Why you want to join The Writers Guild:I want to represent this group, and help make it more HQ.
Will you be active in the Creative Writing section?:Yes, i am usually not, but i always browse that section.
Do you plan to post more tutorials, guides, etc.?:Of course. Look at my tutorials, there are a lot of them already.

RE: The Writers Guild [Now Recruiting] - BlackChaos - 07-22-2011

Welcome to the group Coding Support. Smile

RE: The Writers Guild [Now Recruiting] - Coding Support - 07-23-2011

Okay. When the group becomes official i will apply via the UCP. Smile

Hope to see more members here joining.

RE: The Writers Guild [Now Recruiting] - AceInfinity - 07-23-2011

Nice idea, we've never had anyone suggest a writers section, but every once in a while you see someone post something there. Encouragement for that kind of thing could be a good idea in my opinion.

Is the icon in this image from that farmville website or whatever? Omni posted a specific site from which the icons had to be chosen from.

I type a lot, but I can't join. I'm not much of a writer anyway.

RE: The Writers Guild [Now Recruiting] - BlackChaos - 07-24-2011

(07-23-2011, 11:26 PM)Ace Wrote: Nice idea, we've never had anyone suggest a writers section, but every once in a while you see someone post something there. Encouragement for that kind of thing could be a good idea in my opinion.

Is the icon in this image from that farmville website or whatever? Omni posted a specific site from which the icons had to be chosen from.

I type a lot, but I can't join. I'm not much of a writer anyway.

The icon in the image isn't actually from the pack, but its not from Farmville lol. The group isn't ready to be official yet, so its doesn;t matter what the icon is. Once we are ready, I'll make a proper userbar.
btw its supposed to be a pencil. Sleep

Anyways, you can still join The Writer's Guild. Its not just for members who are active in the writing section, but also for members who are good at writing tutorials.

RE: The Writers Guild [Now Recruiting] - AceInfinity - 07-24-2011

It looks more like a scroll, but I guess both would fit lol. I write tutorials, but i'm not very active in the writing section.

RE: The Writers Guild [Now Recruiting] - ven0m - 07-24-2011

wow the name sounds great.
it reminds me of elder scrolls fighters' guild. Oui

I wish i could join.
I am not bad in writing but i will be away for some months because of my exam and university admission.

Good luck to everyone

RE: The Writers Guild [Now Recruiting] - Top - 07-24-2011

Name: Josh (Top)
Highest level of Education: High School (Going into 9th grade)
Your contributions to the Creative Writing section: None yet, I'm pretty new to SF so I haven't contributed much but hopefully will do more in the future.
Your contributions to Support Forums: Read above.^
Why you want to join The Writers Guild: I would like to join The Writers Guild because I think it would be a great experience where I could improve my story writing skills. I hope I can also help out other members with their writing skills while I'm in the group.
Will you be active in the Creative Writing section?: I will try to be as active as possible.
Do you plan to post more tutorials, guides, etc.?: Yes. I plan to post more as time goes on.