Support Forums
Suicide Prevention - Printable Version

+- Support Forums (https://www.supportforums.net)
+-- Forum: Categories (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+--- Forum: Life Support (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Emotional Support (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+---- Thread: Suicide Prevention (/showthread.php?tid=15080)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Suicide Prevention - Livewire - 06-08-2011

This is an interesting post. Glad it's stickied! (:

RE: Suicide Prevention - xMan - 06-08-2011

(12-25-2010, 09:44 PM)Laugh Wrote: You should also mention how selfish suicide is.

That could either make the person want to commit suicide even more, or change their plans or thoughts, It's a hit or miss.

I'v lost a few people to suicide, and it sucks, if your depressed (i have been) you think no one cares about you, and that no one cares about you, even if they tell you they do. being depressed sucks, however even if you can't see it people care about you.

also one thing that someone told me after i helped them not commit suicide was "sometimes you just need a few positive thoughts" when your depressed you probably won't be able to see positive things, or have a positive out look however, think of what you like to do, think of things you've done in the past, and think of complements people have given you. You make think it's a lie however most likely isn't also make sure you talk to someone, it'll help you out

RE: Suicide Prevention - Green Bay - 06-08-2011

(06-08-2011, 06:54 AM)xMan Wrote: That could either make the person want to commit suicide even more, or change their plans or thoughts, It's a hit or miss.

I'v lost a few people to suicide, and it sucks, if your depressed (i have been) you think no one cares about you, and that no one cares about you, even if they tell you they do. being depressed sucks, however even if you can't see it people care about you.

also one thing that someone told me after i helped them not commit suicide was "sometimes you just need a few positive thoughts" when your depressed you probably won't be able to see positive things, or have a positive out look however, think of what you like to do, think of things you've done in the past, and think of complements people have given you. You make think it's a lie however most likely isn't also make sure you talk to someone, it'll help you out

I agree, the worst thing to probably tell someone that is suicidal, is telling them they are being selfish as it will just make them feel worse.

RE: Suicide Prevention - Positive - 06-11-2011

I wrote almost this same thing...
Back in November or October of 2010...
Seems like you just changed the words up a bit..

-- Positive --

RE: Suicide Prevention - ๖ۣۜDunsparth - 06-13-2011

this is such an extremely heart reaching thread...
ive been having alot of depression problems lately ... well actually for the past 2 1/2 years... and im only 17 years old Sad
i will PM u and hope that u can help me

RE: Suicide Prevention - codevade - 06-13-2011

i have never known anyone this depressed before. I guess this is when it gets very bad. Well anyways thanks for this thread. I am sure it will help a fair amount of people.

RE: Suicide Prevention - SeaNanners™ - 06-14-2011

People have so much to live for and ending your life

RE: Suicide Prevention - Morse Code - 06-19-2011

This is a very good HQ post and i'm sure it will help a lot of people who come to this section with suicidal thoughts.

RE: Suicide Prevention - SeaBanana - 06-19-2011

Well this is a very informative piece of info you have there man. God bless you

RE: Suicide Prevention - Barneyyz™ - 06-21-2011

This is a cracking thread, good to see people that are out there making an effort to support suicidal people. I've often seen people on other forms, such as Formspring for example where there is people being bullied anonymously. It's quite frankly appalling. What they don't know is this could be the outcome of something small like: Name calling, making fun of a childes upbringing, welfare etc.

These may not sound serious but the turn out can be, I just thought i should speak my mind.

Well, once again. This is a cracking thread, Well done OP.