Support Forums
[Question] Swearing Allowed or Not? - Printable Version

+- Support Forums (https://www.supportforums.net)
+-- Forum: Support Forum Information (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Site News and Feedback (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: [Question] Swearing Allowed or Not? (/showthread.php?tid=12600)

[Question] Swearing Allowed or Not? - Resistance - 10-08-2010

As stated in the rules, "14. English only and proper grammar required. Sorry but we will not allow posts in any language other than english and we expect good grammar." Proper grammar is what he wishes from us, correct? So i'm confused if swearing is on the border of proper and improper if its used like this: That ass had been trolling on me and making fun of me all the time, especially giving me bad reputation.

Just an example, it was really unclear. Thanks, i'd appreciate a response so I can tune my language into proper support forums default.

RE: [Question] Swearing Allowed or Not? - Deadmau5 - 10-08-2010

It's better not to curse on this website, since It's minor friendly and all that.

You rarely see swearing on the site.

RE: [Question] Swearing Allowed or Not? - Sam - 10-08-2010

If you swear the filter will block it. However evasion of the swear filter is an offence.

RE: [Question] Swearing Allowed or Not? - Reality - 10-08-2010

Since this is a support forums and trying to bring only good to everyone, I suggest refraining from swearing.

Of course it depends on the word though, I think personally that sh*t should be allowed, because even my teachers use it in front of us, and I'm only 15.

Then again I guess since this site doesn't allow cursing, it may allow people younger than 15 to join, because it's not bad or derogatory posting.

Anyway, you should take this up with Omni, because he'll probably tell you yes or no. Sometimes people use curses to emphasize their story. If you're using it for personal pleasure or trying to be funny, this isn't the right place to do it.

If you're talking about something like, "That scared the sh*t out of me," I think it would be more appropriate.

RE: [Question] Swearing Allowed or Not? - Brandon - 10-08-2010

Well, I'm sure it's meant that "proper grammar" doesn't mean cursing at all.

I think it depends on what sort of context you are using it in. If you are using it to flame someone, then that's one thing. If you are saying fudge my life, I need help - that's another.

Honestly this forum is not directed towards a younger(like 13-) crowd so I'm sure it's fine..

RE: [Question] Swearing Allowed or Not? - Sickshot - 10-08-2010

Swearing has nothing to do with grammar.

Swear words are filtered, bypassing filters is against the rules.

RE: [Question] Swearing Allowed or Not? - Resistance - 10-08-2010

K thanks guys I had no Idea and was clueless on how that worked.

RE: [Question] Swearing Allowed or Not? - Respecт - 10-13-2010

Swearing just makes you look immature and uneducated in my opinion.