Support Forums
Geek Squad [Now Recruiting] - Printable Version

+- Support Forums (https://www.supportforums.net)
+-- Forum: Categories (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+--- Forum: Groups (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+---- Forum: Group Recruiting (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=79)
+---- Thread: Geek Squad [Now Recruiting] (/showthread.php?tid=11863)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Geek Squad [Now Recruiting] - Quintus - 09-29-2010

I would like to get assessed whether I pass the qualifications this group requires.

RE: Geek Squad [Now Recruiting] - Nemmyy - 09-29-2010

(09-29-2010, 05:22 AM)Quintus Wrote: I would like to get assessed whether I pass the qualifications this group requires.

You seem like a good member and I like the fact that you're in the HJT Squad, but this group is more for the Computer Support Section. I looked through a lot of your posts and you haven't posted much there.

RE: Geek Squad [Now Recruiting] - MarkW7 - 09-29-2010

That's a fair comment to make. I post most of my tutorials and help on my own forum.

Well, i'm CompTIA A+ and MCITP qualified. A+ is a world wide known hardware qualification. It depends what support people are after here, with the more advanced stuff, maybe i can help.

RE: Geek Squad [Now Recruiting] - Nemmyy - 09-29-2010

(09-29-2010, 01:03 PM)MarkW7 Wrote: That's a fair comment to make. I post most of my tutorials and help on my own forum.

Well, i'm CompTIA A+ and MCITP qualified. A+ is a world wide known hardware qualification. It depends what support people are after here, with the more advanced stuff, maybe i can help.

I'm sure that's true but many people come to me saying they've had years of IT experience and other things like that. I understand there aren't a whole lot of people coming here for PC help so it's a bit difficult to contribute, but I don't want a ton of members in this group and like I said, you haven't done a whole lot in SF's Computer Support section. If you start posting more and maybe bring some of your tutorials to this site, then I probably will accept you

RE: Geek Squad [Now Recruiting] - Quintus - 09-29-2010

(09-29-2010, 12:20 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: You seem like a good member and I like the fact that you're in the HJT Squad, but this group is more for the Computer Support Section. I looked through a lot of your posts and you haven't posted much there.

Would you not consider virus removal and general computer troubleshooting as a type of computer support? If so, is this group then solely dedicated to hardware problems?

RE: Geek Squad [Now Recruiting] - Untouch - 09-30-2010

Anyone who can get into the HJT Squad should be able to get into this group. Tongue
There skills would have been proven to get into the HJT Squad.

RE: Geek Squad [Now Recruiting] - Quintus - 09-30-2010

(09-30-2010, 02:49 AM)Untouch Wrote: Anyone who can get into the HJT Squad should be able to get into this group. Tongue

Thank you for the support, however Nemmyy has all the rights to decline an application. Smile

RE: Geek Squad [Now Recruiting] - Nemmyy - 09-30-2010

(09-30-2010, 02:49 AM)Untouch Wrote: Anyone who can get into the HJT Squad should be able to get into this group. Tongue
(09-30-2010, 03:40 AM)Quintus Wrote: Thank you for the support, however Nemmyy has all the rights to decline an application. Smile

Clearly he has skills since he is in the HJT Squad, but this is a a group to support people with PCs, probably mostly hardware issues. HJT Squad helps people with viruses and that's not what this group is for. Nothing personal, just my thoughts

RE: Geek Squad [Now Recruiting] - Resistance - 10-02-2010

Dang it, I need one rep!!! Seriously, aww that is gonna b hard.

RE: Geek Squad [Now Recruiting] - Reality - 10-02-2010

(09-30-2010, 11:56 AM)Nemmyy Wrote:
(09-30-2010, 03:40 AM)Quintus Wrote: Thank you for the support, however Nemmyy has all the rights to decline an application. Smile

Clearly he has skills since he is in the HJT Squad, but this is a a group to support people with PCs, probably mostly hardware issues. HJT Squad helps people with viruses and that's not what this group is for. Nothing personal, just my thoughts

As much as Quintus/Paradoxum hates me, HJT Squad isn't just Malware.

HJT Squad can deal with more cases, hardware, software, etc.

Quintus is more active on HF and will be joining us more frequently now Oui